Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Dual Citizenship

Don't know if it makes any difference or not, but might as well ask. Assuming someone is living within the US, but has dual citizenship, is there any way that person can still go on using Neteller by using their other nationality?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Dual Citizenship

No, your I P from the US will get you in trouble.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 PM

If you're a resident of the US you're subject to US laws. (Hell, if you're just visiting you're subject to US laws). Your citizenship doesn't matter at all.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:51 PM

Funny how no one answered this question lol

Yes it is possible.
Check with the sites to make sure a passport can be used if they ask you for a Photo ID (no address on passport).
Get a main forward (good one not P.O. Box)
Use Vonage or somewhere else to get a phone number to that matches.
Get set up with a form of proxy (or virtual desktop) to match location. Free or cheap proxies won't cut it. Something like $50-$80 per month for something decent.

Make sure to pay taxes and report if you bank account is over $10,000, otherwise you look extremely guilty of money laundering. Meaning don’t do this for the purpose of avoiding tax.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're a resident of the US you're subject to US laws. (Hell, if you're just visiting you're subject to US laws). Your citizenship doesn't matter at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

and apparently if you are living outside the U.S. and conducting a business that is legal in the country you are in...you are still subject to U.S. laws.

American sovereignty knows no bounds.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 PM

yup, and even if you gamble when you are outside of the USA you are still going to hell for it.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 PM

The most important think no one has answered is that you would need to use a bank account from a country not being the US.

The whole Neteller thing only applies to transactions between Neteller and US banks. If you are using a bank account from another country, and you open a Neteller acct. using your bank account from that other country, you should be fine.

All this that I said is assuming that they don't check the ISP. Because if they do, then you are out of luck.

The thing is that the US doesn't want money flowing from their banks into other countries. And because of that, the citizenship doesn't really matter.

Example:

A citizen from Italy who lives in Italy opens a US bank account while on a visit to the US. This person back in Italy registers his US acct in Neteller. This person is affected by the ban since it involves a US acct.

A US citizen is in Mexico (or Costa Rica or any other place). This person opens a bank account in that counrty and registers it in Neteller. This person will not be affected by the Neteller desition.

Anyone using Neteller with a US acct. is affected by the Neteller desition, regardless of Citizenship.
Anyone using Neteller with a foreign bank acct. and address registered, is not affected by the Neteller desition regardless of citizenship.

Colima420
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM

I'd also add that when I moved to the States last year I had a Canadian Neteller account (I moved from Canada for those of you that can't figure it out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). The first time I tried to log in from here, the account was closed. I called them up and the guy told me that thats standard operation procedure for when an account is accessed from another country. Now, that guy was just some low level tech support dude, but my account WAS closed. I had to open a US account with a US SSN, and proof that I was living in the US legally.

I imagine its not that simple to open a foreign Neteller account.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I imagine its not that simple to open a foreign Neteller account.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually quite simple.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All this that I said is assuming that they don't check the ISP. Because if they do, then you are out of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

They check IP addresses which is the same thing.