Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Cashing Out of Pokersites Through Checks

I've been trying to read all this mess but can somebody confirm that cashing out through checks works on all these sites?

I know it works for stars and thats it. I have at least 5k on all the big sites left.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Cashing Out of Pokersites Through Checks

It works for TruePoker.

(The UIGE Act related only to deposits and then only to covered businesses, which are "in the business of betting or wagering". A purely poker site neither bets or wagers.)
Old 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM

Oasis; pokerstars told me that they will send it by courier if it's over a $1000. . Otherwise they said it can take up to three weeks to receive the check. In the long run the problem won't be pokerstars. They are a legit and honorable site. It's the banks I'm worried about, not in the next month or so but later once the government comes out with an enforcement program. One letter from the government to all of the major banks, and cashing or depositing a pokerstars check could be undoable. I hope I'm wrong. The government works very slowly on formulating enforcement policies and implementing them but once they start, it's a very hard train to stop.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 PM

ive recieved checks from various sites before and I haven't ever been able to tell they came from a poker site....they come from banks. How would a bank know what they are from?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:09 PM

I was just about to say, I sent a Email to Pokerstars regaurding all this and they said "Pokerstars" is nowhere on the check at all, only their financial credit card processor/Bank they use, so your bank will have no idea where the check even came from. ie. Pokersite
Old 01-19-2007, 08:17 PM

This is true. It's from a group called chexxinc (web address taken out, don't want to be accused of spam)

Just cashed one yesterday. My bank didn't seem to have issue with it.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:20 PM

If the sites start cutting checks from foreign banks, is this a problem? Will American banks accept them? From what I've read from a few minute google search, you can usually get your bank to cash them, but it's a pain. Does anyone know more?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the sites start cutting checks from foreign banks, is this a problem? Will American banks accept them? From what I've read from a few minute google search, you can usually get your bank to cash them, but it's a pain. Does anyone know more?

[/ QUOTE ]

The stars checks do say "US BANK" on it. Looks really cheesy to be honest, but as far as I can tell it's taken from a US bank account. Can't vouch for any other companies checks. American banks still have to accept foreign checks, global trade would be impossible if not. Our government might be stupid, but it's not THAT stupid.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The stars checks do say "US BANK" on it. Looks really cheesy to be honest, but as far as I can tell it's taken from a US bank account. Can't vouch for any other companies checks. American banks still have to accept foreign checks, global trade would be impossible if not. Our government might be stupid, but it's not THAT stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Then what's the big deal if the sites just start issuing foreign checks? Maybe TPCEO can answer this or you can. I mean from what I understand a lot of the panic in sites issuing checks is they need a provider (i.e. bank) that will accept them.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It works for TruePoker.

(The UIGE Act related only to deposits and then only to covered businesses, which are "in the business of betting or wagering". A purely poker site neither bets or wagers.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So, neteller is still processing transactions for US players as long as they are to poker sites and not to gambling sites?

I know you like to make the distinction between poker sites and gambling sites, but unfortunately the people at the banks do not. I can't believe a bank would deny a check from, lets say bodog, but accept one from Stars simply because Stars only offers poker. Is that really what you are saying?