Meh.-6 47 21.86%
I like sloppy joes-7 86 40.00%
I'd maim for a sloppy joe right now-8 34 15.81%
better than sex-9 4 1.86%
Super awesome!!!!-10 4 1.86%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Default shouldn\'t even bother posting this

I wasn't even going to bother responding to all this idiocy, but once and for all, I will respond to all of the crap in the other thread. If anyone wants to post any questions, insults, or anything else that requires or requests some response from me, don't bother: I won't be around to read it. I thought this was over a year ago: I have not mentioned one word about winnings, win-rate, or anything else since that catastrophic first thread. Yet, for some reason, almost a year later, everyone feels the need to dredge it all up. Even though I really should not even waste my time, I will make this one post, and that is it.

Before getting into the details of the matter, I want to say thanks to fsuplayer, ggbman, aggie, and everyone else who has defended me here. I appreciate the support, and am looking forward to keeping in touch with you guys.

OK, so even though I have not discussed any of this in so long, you guys want me yet again to defend my veracity of my claims.

Soccer: I played in the inaugural season of MLS for the Dallas Burn. I joined the team in midseason, and spent most of the time on the bench. I got in only two games and did not record a goal or an assist. Therefore, I will not show up in any points records or the intial team roster. But if you look at the team's roster in mid-season or the end of the season, you will see me. ... A quick point - for those of you who managed to see EM2's links before they were shut down at my request (more on this in a bit), you know that the picture that Dean put up is not me. Other than the ethnicity, the person in that picture does not look even remotely like me. ... Those of you that care enough can dig up this information, I am sure.

I also played for Keflavik in the Icelandic professional league. That was in 1997. I played much more prominently on that team, and was a regular starter. I don't care enough to dig up the old records that would obviously be discounted by the doubters anyway, but Melchiades said that he has friends in Iceland that could verify. Melchiades, if you want to bother, you can confirm that I was the starting attacking midfielder for coach Hrodmar Silja and Keflavik FC in Iceland in the 1997 season.

Chess: I said that I was a candidate master in the United States chess federation. Those of you know that a chess expert is defined as having a rating from 2000-2199, and a candidate master is an expert with a rating higher than 2100. You guys can confirm my rating with the US chess website.

Poker winnings: I have given all of the information that you guys asked for back then to verify my statements. There is nothing more I can provide. I did however, think of one way that you doubters can get a piece of evidence that can support my claims. Simply call up the American Schizophrenia Research Foundation and ask them who the biggest donor in their history is, and how much he donated. I assume that figure will be easy to obtain, and once that is done, ask yourselves, would I really be able to donate that much if I had not won something at least in the neighborhood of what I claimed. ... Also, does anyone find it interesting that all of the players with whom I played on a daily basis - Bld, fsuplayer, Bbuddy, etc - DO believe me?

OK, that is enough of that. Now I want to address something that no one has mentioned to my knowledge. I thought that KKF and Dean were the biggest and most pathetic losers on this forum (along with fukken eh). But EM2 has trumped them all by a mile.

It is one thing to sling insults, and just make asses of yourselves on the forum like KKF and Dean, but what EM2 has done has crossed every modicum of decency. Do you realize that I had not spoken to - or even about EM2 - in months and months. Yet out of the blue, he not only outs my identity, but POSTS PICTURES OF ME AND MY INFANT SON?!!!! Doesn't anyone else consider this behavior (even setting aside that it was completely unprovoked) beyond any acceptable guidelines of decency? I mean, aside from not respecting my privacy, this could pose an obvious security risk for my family and my son. All I have to say is that EM2 had better hope that nothing ever happens to him. Setting aside the fact that many of you question my integrity, etc - do you not think that publicizing pictures of someone who has obviously wanted some privacy and their family is beyond any acceptable means of behavior? It is bad enough that EM2 sucks at poker, berates players all the time when he loses pots, and makes absurd posts that show his lack of understanding of the game - but he has revealed himself to be the lowest creature imaginable with this.

Now KKF: I find it amusing that KKF suddenly has problems with Netteller after I transferred the escrow money to fsuplayer and was ready to play him. I understand that Netteller is indeed having some problems, but I hope you all reread the thread and see that KKF said that he got the money in there and was ready to play. Now suddenly, he can't get the money in UB. For those of you that think KKF is this great player - or at the very least, telling the truth about making money off of him - please get out your datamining software and see how I (punketty, samoleus, beeandtheboo) did against him (takoalYice or something like that). I guarantee that I am up tens of thousands of dollars on him. I sincerely hope that those of you that had the good sense to bet on me in this match are able to collect your money from the KKF backers. I knew I was going to kill him by the way - he knew it too, and it should come as little surprise that he is wriggling out. I don't really mind - as I am sure that he is a decent player and that I can find better spots - but if you somehow manage to get your money in UB, I will always be happy to take your money. Just let me know.

Dean is really pathetic. At least KKF has some poker success that makes him somewhat respected on this forum. Does anyone even know if Dean plays poker? Here he is on his pedestal, talking about how he does not like people of low moral character or whatever comical patronizing statement that he made. Gee Dean, does posting a photograph of some random guy and then claiming that it is me constitute the actions of a man with great moral fiber? How about hounding someone for a year about some statements that you do not believe (yet cannot find a shred of evidence to disprove) get a tick mark for high character? Do you have any redeeming qualities whatsoever? Is there a reason for your presence on this forum? You stand your supposed high moral ground and look down your lose at me because I am this low life for being a liar. Well, first of all, I am not. And regardless, for you to continue to hound me shows a total lack of any decency. Other than the jealous losers (EM2, KKF) and the retards that no one even listens to (danny nguyen, etc), do you see anyone else harping on this issue for a year like you?? Get over yourself.

Finally, for those people like Yeti and Diablo (I was quite disappointed to see Diablo - one of the few that had garnered my respect - throw his hat into the ring as well) who take the "middle ground" attitude that "obviously he lied or wildly exaggerated, but he is a good poster/player", you ought to really ask yourselves (a) what purpose does such a post serve and (b) what right do you have to make such blanket statements like "it has already been shown that he exaggerated/lied/whatever" when that is obviously not true. You guys don't believe me, fine - that is your prerogative. But I would recommend that you try and refrain from making statements of fact based on your (incorrect) opinions.

Anyway, I wasn't even going to bother posting all this, but I decided to for my own reasons. However, if you recall (or go back and read previous threads), you will remember that I had initially left the forum in a huff over the way that I was attacked. When I returned, I made it very clear that the issue of how much money I had made or claimed to have made is over. I would continue with this forum only if the majority of posters would stop the incessant abuse and kept their opinions of whether or not they believe me to themselves. I actually thought that was actually happening, and I was pleased to be a part of this forum without dredging up that old garbage for almost a year.

But now, EM2 out of the blue comes up with his thread, and now suddenly, everyone is coming out of the woods to attack me and my honesty once again. Can't you guys find more constructive things to do with your time? Who exactly are you benefiting from posts like that?

Anyway, here is one marker of my honesty. I am a man of my word. I said that if that issue was brought up again en masse, I would end my participation in this forum.

Truth be told, it is a bit of a relief. There was a time that I got a lot out of this forum, and it was a great way to meet some people and talk shop. But now I count some outstanding poker minds as friends, and I have all of the poker discussion I need from off-line discussions with them. I had lurked on this forum long before I started, and it is truly sad to see the quality of this forum fall apart. In any case, I am quite busy with my son and with a few new projects that I have undertaken for my post-poker days.

fsuplayer, aggie, mdma, you guys have my e-mail address. ggbman, bld, I'll send it to you guys. If I accidentally forgot anyone, I apologize. Send me a pm, and if I want to keep in touch with you, I'll send my personal e-mail address. For the rest of you that are genuinely interested in my poker thoughts, I have been a regular writer for Bluff Magazine for 6-7 months and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

And anyone (read KKF) wants to play me, I'm always around.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: shouldn\'t even bother posting this

Nice post. Good luck. Sorry to see you go. But can you please take Daliman with you? JK.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM

I am at work so can't respond it full - but I want to clarify one point

'Gee Dean, does posting a photograph of some random guy and then claiming that it is me constitute the actions of a man with great moral fiber?'

This is totally false. At no point did I claim it was you. I specifically did not post a photo of you to respect your privacy, and I have had multiple people pm/im me asking me for your name/info and have divulged those details to no one.

Dean

Edit: I would like to see clarification regarding the discrepancy in the live tournament winnings.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew I was going to kill him by the way - he knew it too

[/ QUOTE ]

Burrrrn.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM

It's definitely unfortunate that we're losing samo because a bunch of people felt like needlessly rehashing an old issue. But this is definitely mitigated by the fact that since there are almost no strategy posts in this forum anyway, we're not losing too much by not having samo's insights on the 2 threads per month that have actual content.

Also, I think your accusation that KKF is backing out is groundless: his story has been consistent (only got 20k so not enough to play given that he lost some and neteller is a pain right now). I really don't think it's reasonable to accuse him of backing out.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:28 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Samo's comments on KKF's Neteller/UB situation make his comments re posters who sat on the fence like El D seem pretty lame. People should believe him without question I guess, but he can doubt others without full info.

Anyway, shame to lose a great poster (and probably a decent bloke too) but you need thick skin to participate in a forum like this but he's not got that.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:32 PM

I have just decided not to get involved in this, but it's sad to see some total douchebag like EM2 being able to force out someone that actually contributes here, that is just plain wrong, regardless of what people think of Samo's claims and/or persona.

I don't get why EM2 hasn't just been banned already, he has just not ever done anything good at this site ever, whereas samo has created what has become some of the best threads of HSNL of the last year.

Anyway, see you around samo, be sure to get on aim on occasion!

Best regards,

Johan
Old 01-18-2007, 04:37 PM

Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM

mods lock this thread please. there is nothing to be discussed.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think your accusation that KKF is backing out is groundless: his story has been consistent (only got 20k so not enough to play given that he lost some and neteller is a pain right now). I really don't think it's reasonable to accuse him of backing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine, but why hasn't he sent FSU $10k while he's working out issues?