Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:09 PM

Default (PS $5/$10): Battle of the Atlantic

The SB seems loose-passive, but that is tentative.

MP is Chezlaw, and we'd been chatting, so it's safe to assume he knows who I am.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero . . .

Scott
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: (PS $5/$10): Battle of the Atlantic

I'm trying to think of a worse way to play this on the flop and turn. His worse hands like AK and AQ probably take the free card when offered. Otherwise you just get your check raise in with very low equity.

Your relative position is great. 3-way he bets the flop 100% and SB is likely bad. I don't see any reason not to check raise...
Old 01-18-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to think of a worse way to play this on the flop and turn. His worse hands like AK and AQ probably take the free card when offered. Otherwise you just get your check raise in with very low equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I donked the flop in an attempt to force out the fish, because I felt my hand was too vulnerable, and also that I was well ahead of Chez's (flop raising) range.

I'm not as confident on the turn though. I had planned this line before donking the flop, because Chez is hyper-aggressive on the flop and turn, but I really should have re-evaluated when the overcard hit.

Scott
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM

You will face the fish with two bets by check raising. Mainly facing him with two is making him fold the 3 out hands that you want in for two (or to call one and then fold for the second one when you check raise).

Also if you're well ahead of Chez's flop raising range, you should be betting with the intention of 3-betting.