Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:10 PM

Default ideas for simple useful products that haven\'t been invented yet? xpost

Background: The product is for a project/contest for my business class where we have to think of a new simple product and make a huge business plan for it throughout the semester and present it etc etc.

The product should be something simple that fills a need.

Some of the rules
-It cannot already exist anywhere on the market place (using multiple search engines to make sure it doesnt)
-It should be simple enough that we can make it or imagine making it (i.e. no bluetooth, or MP3 technology)
-No bags, pockets or trash cans.
-It has to be something that can be sold to the consumer, not a business to business product

Some Past Product Examples:

Cone Catcher is a new and improved sugar cone designed to prevent ice cream from dripping onto the eater's hands. The new design features a ledge to collect the melting ice cream.

The Stove Shield is a functional ceramic flat top stove cover used while cooking to minimize clean up time. Made of two materials, glass-ceramic and silicone, our product conducts heat efficiently while completely covering the range for easy removal and cleaning in a sink.

Aqua Track is a reusable 16-ounce water container that has a built in counting feature, which allows for easy tracking of water consumption.

Foamie the Seahorse is a children’s shower toy that sprays hypoallergenic, cleansing foam from its mouth onto children as they lathers themselves. It attaches to the shower wall using two suction cups and holds refill cartridges that contain the soap.

My groups top ideas so far are:

a tape measure that has a magnifying glass attached where you read the measurement to help people who are have bad eyes.

a towel that has a magnetic strip in the fabric along the top so you can put it around your waist easily

a shampoo dispenser that attaches to the top of the showers water pipe and just drops shampoo directly on your head

a beach chair with a hole near the head so that you can put your head in it like a massage table and get a comfortable tan on your front.

Some possible areas for products would be sports and fitness, board games and kids toys, office supplies, kitchen or bath, decorative household, travel.

10$ on Full Tilt to anyone who comes up with the idea that my group decides to use.

ideas?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: ideas for simple useful products that haven\'t been invented yet? x

I've got a few.

1. A pillow that has an alarm function built in.
2. adjustable clothes hangers for different sized people so that the shirts fit them better
3. microwave dish that doubles as food plate and can be put in dishwasher (several)
4. school folder that has slots for tabs that have schedule on them, easily interchangeable.
5. a pen that can keep track of how many words you've written (counting every time you lift/pause to write new word)
6. clothes hamper that can be thrown in wash with clothes in it, would either unvelcro in wash or have dissolving strings tying ends together

will come up with more if i think of something
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Also not to be ungrateful, but 10$ for an entire semester project is a bit small in my honest opinion. up to you, though
Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Foamie the Seahorse is a children’s shower toy that sprays hypoallergenic, cleansing foam from its mouth onto children as they lathers themselves. It attaches to the shower wall using two suction cups and holds refill cartridges that contain the soap

[/ QUOTE ]

o ya this is sexy!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also not to be ungrateful, but 10$ for an entire semester project is a bit small in my honest opinion. up to you, though

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, $100 on stars and I will give you the sure winnar. I'm telling you, it's practical and genius all at the same time.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 PM

i'd settle for 40$ for any of my ideas
Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM

A lighted purse.