Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Dave Fromm\'s 6-max limit DVD, any reviews?

Anybody seen this yet? I was told by expertholdem.com that it came out a couple days ago although they didn't update that info on their site.
If anybody has seen this, is it worth it or filled w/ basic stuff most competent winning 6m players would know.

A would love to hear some reviews before I make the purchase. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Dave Fromm\'s 6-max limit DVD, any reviews?

Dave Fromm have been beating the highest short handed limit games for years, and is co-writer with Ray Zee on is upcoming book on short handed play.

I have ordered my copy of the DVD, $50 is one small bet, and it must be worth it.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave Fromm have been beating the highest short handed limit games for years, and is co-writer with Ray Zee on is upcoming book on short handed play.

I have ordered my copy of the DVD, $50 is one small bet, and it must be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would really appreciate a review after you have seen them.

PJS
Old 01-19-2007, 06:29 PM

http://www.stoxpoker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=979

Very short but positive review.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 AM

I play primarily full-ring and have been playing for about two years. I haven't really ventured much into short-handed play. I found Mr. Fromm's dvds to be great. There were many "ohhhh I get it. cool." moments for me while watching the videos.

I finished watching them last night and put them back in the machine this morning with pen and paper in hand.

I can't speak to how useful they'd be to someone with a ton of 6-max experience but for someone like me they are well worth it.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:17 PM

Hi All,

When I set out to make the DVD's, I tried my best to walk the viewer through as much as I could regarding shorthanded limit play. To this end, I think the DVD's turned out well and should be very useful to everyone who is looking to improve their game. Since I walked through a lot of stuff, some information may be familiar to somewhat experienced players, but that's OK. I do know that there is other stuff in there that very few have thought about. I can tell you this becasue I seldom see certain things from my opponents in the high limit games that I play all the time. For example, I can be far more aggressive in re-stealing from late position than many opponents, but I am far tighter from early position than most. On the flop and beyond, there are some plays that will surprise many, but others may not. Again, this is OK. If anything, everyone will get a look into how I think about hands, explained in my own words. This is a unique aspect of video that many will enjoy and benefit from. Plus, you get to enjoy my all so pretty, smiling face. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Regardless of who you are, if you can learn even one little thing from the DVD's they will be well worth it. I think most will learn far more than that. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Dave
Old 01-22-2007, 09:57 PM

I've just finished watching them and I have to say, they are outstanding. I also have the Ed Miller set and the Byron Jacobs heads up set and they are both quite good but not nearly as good as the Dave Fromm set; either in terms of quality of information or production quality. I have already learned a lot from watching them and I'm going to re-watch them since there is so much information that its difficult to take it all in the first time around. I may have to take notes during my second viewing. The pre-flop DVD was the most interesting to me and it's given me a new perspective and a lot to think about with regards to blind defense! I would certainly say that these are the most advanced instructional DVD's I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Lets face it; most poker instructional DVD's boil down to; very basic starting hand strategy and "if you don't flop top pair, an open ended straight draw or four to flush then fold" type of "instruction." The Dave Fromm set is nothing like that type of beginner garbage. Highly recommended.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:09 AM

$50 for one DvD, really?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, you get to enjoy my all so pretty, smiling face. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If what Evan said about you looking like my twin is true, then then this is worth 5* the purchase price alone!
Old 01-23-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$50 for one DvD, really?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually it's a dvd set with 3 dvd's.
Total playing time is about 3 hours, so I guess they could have fitted it on one dual layer dvd.
I found the information truly mindblowing, and will watch the dvd's many times to fully grasp all the contend.
I am sure almost anyone who plays shorthanded FL will get something from this set.