Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Default 2/4 Bottom pair on paired board

$2/4 Limit Hold Em at Canterbury Card Club

MP is a bad. He is a calling station. Calls down with hopeless hands, i.e. cant beat bottom pair, etc.
SB is ok but have seen some very questionable bets and raises.

Live hand so going from memory.

Preflop Hero is BB with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
couple folds, MP calls, another caller, some folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 SBs, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, MP bets, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero?

I know MP's range is pretty wide, probably pocket pair, 5, T, an Ace, and some other random holdings. SB knows that MP is bad and also knows that MP has quite a wide range. So SB's calling range is pretty wide also. There is a good chance that I have the best hand.

I feel now that I probably should have bet out and re-evaluated but would two flop calls really give me more information(both MP and SB are likely to call a flop bet).

Confused as to how to go about this hand. I think my best options are to bet out or check fold, but not sure. Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Bottom pair on paired board

I would bet out this flop and make some money. And if mp is bad, you want him to call, so youŽll make more money on the turn and river.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:18 PM

sccrneo,

If i check this flop it is with the intention of check/folding. I would bet.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:57 PM

Yeah, that was my intention with checking. Looking back, I just think that it was the wrong play.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:04 AM

Do I have enough value with bottom pair when there are likely going to be two overcards on the turn and river to bet the flop into two calling stations?
Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I have enough value with bottom pair when there are likely going to be two overcards on the turn and river to bet the flop into two calling stations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against calling stations given the pot size i think check/folding is fine. Value betting against retards isn't a bad idea either. If i did bet the flop and got 2 callers i would be hard pressed betting most turn cards. I guess if you don't mind betting the flop and check/folding a bad turn card its not the end of the world. If my flop bet got me heads up i would bet the turn for sure. Meh i guess i could go either way here. As a default online i bet this flop almost always against 2.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM

*grunch*

I checked in and got a free play, caught a small piece of the flop, but I could be drawing dead, and the pot is very small, even though I am closing the action. C/F flop, not worth the fight.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against calling stations given the pot size i think check/folding is fine. Value betting against retards isn't a bad idea either. If i did bet the flop and got 2 callers i would be hard pressed betting most turn cards. I guess if you don't mind betting the flop and check/folding a bad turn card its not the end of the world. If my flop bet got me heads up i would bet the turn for sure. Meh i guess i could go either way here. As a default online i bet this flop almost always against 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I value bet the flop into two calling stations on a paired board, I'm value betting the turn. A calling station will often make a loose flop peel and fold on the turn UI. If he calls the flop and turn, I'm probably beat and villain probably won't bluff, so I check the river.

With the flush draw on the board and such a strong kicker in the hand, I would bet this flop.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:25 PM

Location: Hastings 3L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fold. Puny pot. Your hand is weak and if it is ahead there are a lot of cards that can come to beat you.