Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 AM

Default JJ in multiway pot

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="red">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (17.4SB, 4 players)
UTG checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ?????

How did I play on pre-flop?E now on flop?
No reads
Old 01-16-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: JJ in multiway pot

grunch..

I have no clue. My gut says to just call it down though.

-Chry
Old 01-16-2007, 09:28 AM

Objectively, I'd call, fold turn UI. The best you can hope for is him having AK, c/r pf usually means QQ+.

Subjectively, especially on Party, I've seen many guys with stats like 20/20/2 who know nothing but push, push, push. You'll be ahead of those here quite a bit. So, against someone like this, I might choose to call down. But I would like to have a solid read in that case...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:33 AM

Reads would be nice, but the lrr usually isn't a good sign against your JJ. Unfortunately, with only one over on the board you can't fold against this guy so call him down and make a note. If another over hits the turn and UTG is still following along you can fold.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:41 AM

Looks like you are probably behind unless you have a read that tells you MP3 can semi bluff c/r. Its a fold for me since we have no such reads and no good drawing potential. If we had some outs this pot would be worth staying in for.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you are probably behind unless you have a read that tells you MP3 can semi bluff c/r. Its a fold for me since we have no such reads and no good drawing potential. If we had some outs this pot would be worth staying in for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero has enough pot odds for the 2 J outs to call the 1 on the flop. UTG is certainly calling, padding his odds. QQ is just one possible hand LRR, CR guy has. He could also have AA, KK, AK, AQs or some random trash hand.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM

If he limped after 3 callers and then reraised with AA I will make that note, but I'm calling down.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 AM

We are behind AA, KK, AQ, and KQ, even Qx, If he holds AK we are ahead but still giving villain 6 outs. IMO his most likely hand is AQ or KQ. We can't draw behind here, often enough to be profitabe with 2 outs. There is no reason (read) to think this villian is bluffing with air or even semi bluffing AK. There is almost zero chance he is semi bluffing a straight or flush draw since we don't see that with an unsupported back door draw. Additionally it is unreasonable to think UTG is calling down with less than top pair. We need to find a reluctant fold here IMO.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Why do we think he needs more over cards? This villain smooth raised preflop then c/r the flop. Without reads that he is a maniac why do we need to buy more evidence that our two outer is toast?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We are behind AA, KK, AQ, and KQ, even Qx, If he holds AK we are ahead but still giving villain 6 outs. IMO his most likely hand is AQ or KQ. We can't draw behind here, often enough to be profitabe with 2 outs. There is no reason (read) to think this villian is bluffing with air or even semi bluffing AK. There is almost zero chance he is semi bluffing a straight or flush draw since we don't see that with an unsupported back door draw. Additionally it is unreasonable to think UTG is calling down with less than top pair. We need to find a reluctant fold here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to bet getting about 23-1 on your call.