Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 12:29 PM

Default too much aggression?

Greetings:

I'm trying to get a feel for how aggressive is too agressive, and I wonder about my play of this hand. Any comments are appreciated. I had just joined the table a few hands earlier and didn't really have a read on the BB, although he was playing almost every hand.

Ron

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 02-07-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: too much aggression?

What did you think he was raising on the turn? KJ? He's played it like he has that or a 5x hand so far. I'm not sure I would even raise this river, but I would definitely stop and call after he 3bets.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:33 PM

The river cap is too much.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM

Preflop and flop and both standard with AKo. A correct read would be nice once the jack comes on the turn and the BB check/raises. I'd put him on Ace or Queen-Jack (or perhaps more likely even a pair of jacks) at this point. I'd call the raise on the turn and with two pair on the river, I'd call his bet, fearing the BB has JJ.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop and flop and both standard with AKo. A correct read would be nice once the jack comes on the turn and the BB check/raises. I'd put him on Ace or Queen-Jack (or perhaps more likely even a pair of jacks) at this point. I'd call the raise on the turn and with two pair on the river, I'd call his bet, fearing the BB has JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just calling the river bet is probably okay, but not because you're afraid he has JJ.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:42 PM

Just call the river bet - they check raised you on the turn and led into you on the river.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Just call his river donk, your either wa/wb judging by the way the river went down I would guess the latter. Unless he is a total nut, without reads this one is a little tricky.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 PM

You gotta recognize those situations where the river card may have improved your hand, but not enough to give you the best hand. Before auto-raising on the river, you should have thought about his range of hands and determined what you'd do if a King falls (obviously lean on the raise button) and what you'd do if an Ace falls..

In this hand pre-flop and on the flop you played well. His smooth call of the flop and c/r of the turn are telling you he probably has a pair of Kings beat. With how the action went down on the flop and turn, I think I'm trying to get this to a cheap showdown.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river cap is too much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-07-2006, 04:17 PM

River cap is spew for sure. Maybe I'm on the wimpy side, but I probably don't raise the river against an unknown.