Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Neteller Arrests

web page
Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Neteller Arrests

[ QUOTE ]

The detention of both men indicates a prolonged investigation dating back several years. It is not known why either were traveling in the United States at the same time transferring through two different airports. Nor is it known at this time if the two men are being detained for anything having to do with their involvement in NETeller.

[/ QUOTE ]

How dumb can you be. All these guys have to do on a day to day basis is avoid death and federal prison, oooops. Apparently one of them is a former hippy but what happended to the other dude.

Also, over under on the death of the server? Before Sat is my prediction at the current rate of degeneration.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LeFevre, a former hippie, started the hugely successful company with Steve Lawrence in 1999 but retired in 2002 in Costa Rica. Less is known of Lawrence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once a hippie, always a hippie.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 PM

This report might be true, but it hasn't yet been confirmed by any credible source.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This report might be true, but it hasn't yet been confirmed by any credible source.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess most credible news sources don't have sources and contacts into egaming companies like these guys (apparently) do
Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 AM

I have confirmed this story to be true. I'm on the phone with Neteller right now, they are trying to get me a PR person or manager to discuss the history of John LeFevre, and when he left the company. As recent as November 2005 I found a press release with his name on it.

***UPDATE*** they are not permitted to release any information over the phone, however their corporate compliance department will disclose what they have to - compliance@neteller.com if anyone is interested.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess most credible news sources don't have sources and contacts into egaming companies like these guys (apparently) do

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe. I'm sure that's what they want you to think. But this is a site that has gotten both big things and little things wrong. Also, NETELLER is a publicy-traded company, and there are staffers at places like Reuters and Bloomberg that are charged with following news items on the sector and the company on a 24/7 basis. When the previous arrests took place, there were dozens and dozens of stories on the matter within literally minutes.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:26 AM

So that's now 4 gambling arrests thanks to the Patriot Act allowing the feds to search all flight manifestos. Nice to see they are using this tool to fight the terrorists?! Almost as helpful as that UIGEA they tagged to the Port Security bill.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So that's now 4 gambling arrests thanks to the Patriot Act allowing the feds to search all flight manifestos. Nice to see they are using this tool to fight the terrorists?! Almost as helpful as that UIGEA they tagged to the Port Security bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, except now it seems these guys were arrested at their homes.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM

So bottom line, are we all [censored] here? If one of these guys was arrested, I wouldn't be too concerned, but it seems odd that they would arrest both of these guys on the same day. I think it would be naive to think that everythign is OK...