Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Default TP against donk

Villain is a donk (55/25/2) with the biggest luckbox ever. He's sitting with 12 buyins! He's been bluffing a bit in small/medium sized pots (so far only 1 barrel when not the aggressor). In all big pots he's shown big hands (of course with starting trash hands).

We played 3 big pots so far,
1st my rivered flushed vs 2p->rivered boat in a limp pot
2nd 300 BB deep i check-folded set of Ts on T63K2 on rivered 3rd heart after he pots the river ($342 pot).
Which he then says "knew you couldnt call", and claims to have KJ.
3rd i fold set of 2s on 3club flop 679 2 T. I raise pre, ck behind flop, pot turn, and pot river and fold to potsized c/r

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1./$2.
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $209.30
CO: $200.90
Button: $193.65
SB: $2376.80
Hero: $348.70

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $6</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($26, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $26</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB instantly raises to $52</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($130, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB instantly bets $130</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $390
Old 01-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: TP against donk

preflop is bad, either re-raise or fold because A,7 offsuite isnt a hand that likes flops.

You have picked one horrible spot to call his bluff. I mean how can fold 2 sets against this guy on scaryish boards and yet want to call down with A,7 top pair ?

Both sets i would have probably called down but here i fold flop. i mean he might have a busted flush + 2 overs but or an outright bluff but u can pick far better spots than this even though his turn play makes no sense.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Fold the flop. As played, I hate the turn call and the river call is just horrible. Looks like this guy has succesfully tilted you. The problem with calling the turn raise is that you know he is firing again on the river with or without a better hand (based on your history + his confidence is probably extremely high by this point). You need to follow the standard advice of small hand/small pot.. Once you see him raise, you know you're looking at a big pot - just wait for a better spot to get back at this guy..

edit: fold preflop too.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:18 PM

nothing wrong with preflop imo. Not everything is raise or fold, calling is ok too. I'm fine with calling a cbet with just A high on dry flops. It then gets checked through a lot. Reraising may be better, but stacks are somewhat deep so i opted not to bloat the potsize preflop. And folding Ax HU to a single raise preflop is [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

The small hand/small pot and better spot advice is stupid. First of all, TPTK is not a small hand especially in a blind battle. Second, his turn play is weird, and there are a lot of bluffing hands out there and with me being forced to fold the last two big hands I felt it may be time to take a stand. By the way if anyone has advice on those set hands, please share, i thought they are good laydowns but maybe not.