Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Tabled hand gets mucked by an over anxious dealer - Ruling ??

Played a very short session of 1-2 NL at Foxwoods on Friday afternoon and although I was only there a couple of hours saw some interesting hands come up.

The Hand:

Full table with typical stacks a couple guys with 500-600 some with 200-300 and the dude that just got stacked and rebought 20 mins ago for 100 and only has 50 left.

Anyway this hand came up.

It was raised to 12 by MP, Button with only 60 behind RR to 25, the BB (agressive tilting dude) makes it 50 to go and has the button covered.

Button just calls leaving himself with 8 bucks.

They are heads up on the flop: Flop is K Q 4 rainbow.

Now this is where it gets strange. BB is playing wiht his chips and says he is going to bet but dosn't annouce the amount or put in any chips. Button says ok and turns his cards face up in the middle of the table showing AQs and releases them.

Dealer says "Fold" and takes them to the muck and everyone at the table stops her before they are mixed in. Shorty is dumbfounded. He thought he was being put allin and was calling with his las 8 bucks. The other dude was waiting for the pot to be pushed surprised that the guy folded.

Button chimes up "I didn't fold I was calling whatever you bet and thought we were allin?"

BB "He folded?"
Table:"Give him the cards back he didn't fold, you took a tabled hand off the table!! Deal the rest of the hand."

Dealer: "Floor???!!!!"

Floor comes over and the dealer has the hand in question in her hand. Floor asks who is still in the hand.

Floor:"Did the cards touch the muck?"
Dealer:"Yes"
Floor:"Did you put your cards into center of the table and let them go?"
Button:"Yes, I called his bet."
Floor to BB:"Did you bet?"
BB:"I was going to."

Floor:" Ok by house rules you folded your hand and the dealer touched it to the muck and your hand is dead. But I will allow the dear to deal it out if the he [BB] agrees."

BB:"Ok deal it" as he turns over TT.

The TT holds up and play continues.

Good ruling? What if there was more money involved? What if Button showed his cards and held onto them?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Tabled hand gets mucked by an over anxious dealer - Ruling ??

Give him his cards back, they were turned face up so everyone knew what they were.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Give him his cards back, they were turned face up so everyone knew what they were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah give him his cards back, but leave out the speech about touching the muck, and warn players to protect their hands.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he agree if his hand is so pwnd?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he agree if his hand is so pwnd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he understands that poker is played by ladies and gentlemen and isn't interested in making a claim to a pot that isn't rightfully his.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:52 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

1. BB gets a kick in the nuts for Hollywooding and holding up the game.

2. Dealer gets a kick in the nuts for not following the action

3. Button gets two kicks in the nuts one for not protecting his hand and the other for not announcing his action.

4. Floor gets a kick in the nuts for being a speech making douche.

"Where oh where has Al Capone Jr gone? Oh where oh where can he be?"
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down with that nut kicking. A player in a heads up pot announces abet and before he even announces the amount of the bet the other player flings his cards into the center of the table. The dealer interprets this as a fold and gets a nut kick? I don't think thats warranted. I don't even think OP's claim that dealer was over anxious is warranted. think dealer did what dealer was supposed to do. Sure it would be silly for the player to fold that for just $8, but then again I see players do silly things all the time. Its not my job to second guess them.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slow down with that nut kicking. A player in a heads up pot announces abet and before he even announces the amount of the bet the other player flings his cards into the center of the table. The dealer interprets this as a fold and gets a nut kick? I don't think thats warranted. I don't even think OP's claim that dealer was over anxious is warranted. think dealer did what dealer was supposed to do. Sure it would be silly for the player to fold that for just $8, but then again I see players do silly things all the time. Its not my job to second guess them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I won't fire just yet but I am leaving my foot raised ready to fire.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is a tabled hand in a HU pot with action pending or action out of order a "fold"?
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is a tabled hand in a HU pot with action pending or action out of order a "fold"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you conclude this is a tabled hand. A player bet, and in response to the bet the other player released his hand into the center of the table. Now I wouldn't fault a dealer for stopping and clarifying the action, but I also wouldn't fault the dealer for interpretting this as a fold.