Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Shortstackers update

So with the addition of the 6-max tables on Party, has there been a decline in the shortstacker-plague on Stars higher limit tables?

At the lower limits it seems that there are an even number of players at 9 vs 6-max tables...is it about a month now that Stars has had 6-max tables?

********A related shortstacker issue - but @ headsup**************
Recently, for a "public service" and to increase the rate of UB-bonus conversion (2x multiplier), I've been starting new tables. I sit down with a full buyin, and most of the time the first person to sit down only buys in for the minimum amount. They try and double up, and then 100% of the time they sit out and leave. One dude missed twice, then doubled and immediately left - oops.

Next time I stack one of them first, I'm going to sit out and tell them I'm not rebuying until the buyin for the max. Any other ideas on how to f with them? (They have various types of strategies, so it's actually fun to play them - but I find it equally fun to mess with these insects - and I bet it'd be great to goad them into buying in for the full amount.)
Old 01-15-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Shortstackers update

[ QUOTE ]
Next time I stack one of them first, I'm going to sit out and tell them I'm not rebuying until the buyin for the max.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way to do it. And in live play playing freezeouts I go further and say "Texas rules" when asked for a rematch (i.e. they have to match my newly doubled stack).
Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next time I stack one of them first, I'm going to sit out and tell them I'm not rebuying until the buyin for the max. Any other ideas on how to f with them? (They have various types of strategies, so it's actually fun to play them - but I find it equally fun to mess with these insects - and I bet it'd be great to goad them into buying in for the full amount.)

[/ QUOTE ]

When this happens I usually just let them take shots at me. The people who do this are usually pretty bad players.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:26 AM

yeah clearly they are scum cause they play by the sites rules and are doing something you dont like, oh wait everythign they do is fine. Stop crying and take their money.

So much whining about shortstackers in this forum...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:14 AM

Usually I just let them try their crap until they eventually get so frustrated at constantly losing that they start tilting, buy in full, and drop two or three full buy-ins on top of their normal losses.

There are a couple players on party that will min buy against me HU who are decent shortstackers and always rathole. Generally against them I have no problem sitting out and telling them to buy-in for more or closing the table. It's not that I don't feel I have an edge against them, it's that HU games take a lot of mental energy and I would generally rather spend that energy elsewhere.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:05 AM

Wonder how joelmick is doing
Old 01-15-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wonder how joelmick is doing

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not as well. I haven't seen him as much since the 6-max tables came in, as far as the 5/10 and 10/20 tables, though he may be playing lower. oskar92 though seems to like 6-max, though he isn't as tight as other shortstackers. It's funny that around 3 of these guys hail from Sweden, and two from San Fran/Cali. I guess those are the top theoretical centers of learning for shortstackers. They probably have a Rolf book study group each week [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 AM

We don't like them either, at least I don't. I just reviewed Rolfs book on a TV show here and reluctantly gave it a good grade, noting "even if you don't play with a small buyin you should read it since it provides information that helps you to adjust to the nit'n'run-players when they enter a pot".
Old 01-15-2007, 02:47 PM

Dan, eva and sk out seem to have adjusted their game game to the 6 person. I will say that they have become more aggressive and are entering more pots, and taking stabs at checked pots.

This is probably not the smartest thing for me to say, but screw it (they really annoy me). For those that are unaware, they are more frequently making plays at scary pots (flush, bway cards, paired boards etc...)on the turn or river, with <1/2 pot bets. I will ALWAYS miniraise with air and they almost always fold.