Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

I finally watched the movie Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning. For those who havent heard about it, the film is a feature-length sci-fi parody made by a bunch of finnish students, unemployed people, amateurs and professional volunteers. It was launched at Internet for free in august 2005 after 7 years of making, and it got over a million downloads in a couple of weeks. At this point it has been downloaded almost 5 million times, wich makes it the most widespread finnish movie of all times (obviously there are subtitels). Not a bad result considering that it cost only 15 000 euros (less than 20 000 USD) to make the whole film.

I have to say that the acting was not that good, but that does not matter anyways in these sort of productions. The visual effects were really impressive considering the cost of the movie. All and all i got a lot of really good laughs and it was a great way to spent a boring sunday afternoon (at least if you'r into star trek/babylon5 kind of sci-fi like i am).

The movie is free (all legal) to download from http://www.starwreck.com/ or you can watch the movie as flash video too. On the site there is also a trailer.