Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 07:13 AM

Default ePassporte vs Neteller

I am using Neteller and, being a EU citizen, I am not happy about the transfer costs and (double) exchange rates that are charged when I want to withdraw money with my Neteller debit card. Now I saw that Absolute poker is promoting ePassporte as their preferred account type. I checked their site, and saw that they offer a possibility to have a Visa card directly linked to your ePassporte account.

Does anyone have experiences with ePassporte? Are there any extra costs when you want to withdraw money outside the US with this Visa card?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: ePassporte vs Neteller

getting money off epassporte is relatively easy, but i think you'll have those fees no matter what...

i used it in the US, and i prefer it over neteller but their support is equivilant to party, it's almost a joke. I say stay with neteller
Old 01-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Running around with my ePassporte Electron for 3 years now. Beside the fact, that they want a $35 fee for 2 years, ePassporte is the way to go. Only a Dollar fee when you make an ATM-withdrawal (no stupid interaccount transfers needed, your money is always availible) and the virtual Visa card gets accepted almost everywhere (expect gaming-sites). Don't have a Neteller ATM-Card, but all their fees (especially the 1,9% currency exchange fee really turned me off) really don't make me wanna get this thing.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i used it in the US, and i prefer it over neteller but their support is equivilant to party, it's almost a joke. I say stay with neteller

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate on this? I emailed them a few days ago about some general query and I never got a response. Is that standard? If there support is really that bad then it's probably not a good idea to keep that much money in epassporte or to even not have an epassporte account.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:26 AM

If I'm not mistaken, epassporte charges $5 for every X you want to deposit and I don't think most sites pick up this fee.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure you can create a new NETeller account in USD and just withdraw to your bank and convert it at that point or transfer to your bank account and have it converted then.

Although I hate NETeller personally and am considering FirePay and Click2Pay at the moment.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I hate NETeller personally and am considering FirePay and Click2Pay at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, why do you HATE Neteller? I've used them for three years, 100's of transactions, no fees & no problems whatsoever.

Do you get hit hard with fees being from Canada?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, why do you HATE Neteller? I've used them for three years, 100's of transactions, no fees & no problems whatsoever.

Do you get hit hard with fees being from Canada?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto.