Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 06:03 AM

Default two AA hands

The first one I think I screwed up. The second one I think I played ok. Agree/disagree?

Don't be gentle, I need the flaming.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Villian is LAG.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $28</font>, Hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($70.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $30.45</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $131.65

WPEX
$100NL, blinds: $0.50/$1
10 players

Whole table has been playing tight, all this pre-flop limping wasn't typical. Not many hands have gone past the flop. I know I could've raised more pre-flop, I justify this by how tight the table had been. I expected a good chance that $5 would not even get me one caller at this table. Feel free to debate this, but I'm more-or-less ok with it.

Pre-flop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5,</font> 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($21.50, 4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 is all-in $97.40,</font> Hero calls $43.25
Old 01-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: two AA hands

hand 1, if you don't believe he hit his oesd or 2 pair on the turn, at least fold the river.... i fold the turn personally, i think the turn bet is unnecessarilly too big... i bet $10 and fold to raise

i understand that J9s seems unlikely due to the pfr and call, but i think that's what you're looking at, or 87, or a set
Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1, if you don't believe he hit his oesd or 2 pair on the turn, at least fold the river.... i fold the turn personally, i think the turn bet is unnecessarilly too big... i bet $10 and fold to raise

i understand that J9s seems unlikely due to the pfr and call, but i think that's what you're looking at, or 87, or a set

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, after the hand, it seemed like the turn would be a good place to fold.

I'm still trying to knock these mid-limit habits out of me. i.e. there, people bluff check-raise in HU pots all the time, flop or turn... or they over-value one pair (and hence I overvalue my overpair). I'm getting the feeling that no one really does that in these NL games. Or that at least it's very rare, and that it's more likely to be a shove with a big draw or something.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 PM

Any comments on the flop of hand 2? I think I'm ok with it but I'd like to know if people fold to that shove. No read on the guy, he just sat a few hands ago.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM

Hand 1:

Raise more PF. Jack that up to like $5, don't make that tiny reraise. Bet more on the flop, make it near full pot, so $6 or more. As played, bet less on the turn, $10-$12. Fold to the check-minraise, that's almost always a monster. If you don't fold there, then definitely fold to the river shove.

Hand 2:

Again, raise more PF. 4xBB + 1 BB per limper. If the table's been tight, then that's more reason to raise more, since someone's more likely to have a hand, and low to mid PPs are most likely, which you don't want to give good implied odds to. As played, fold to the flop push, this is a multiway pot, so the c/r on the flop is a monster, almost always a set. It looks like you're short there (you only had about $65 behind on the flop?) so then a call might be OK, but reload prehand.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:

...If the table's been tight, then that's more reason to raise more, since someone's more likely to have a hand, and low to mid PPs are most likely, which you don't want to give good implied odds to.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored], that's true.