Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 07:55 AM

Default I Hate AK...a.k.a. AK Facing 3-Bet on Flop

Villain unknown as I had just joined table. Didn't reraise pf as I had position and I'm never crazy about AK hand. On flop, I thought I might have had the best hand, so reraised for information and hopefully value. When he reraises though, if I'm seeking information re: hand strength, do I now fold? Thoughts please...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1.90)
SB ($7.95)
BB ($9.40)
UTG ($3.50)
UTG+1 ($6.70)
MP1 ($11.30)
MP2 ($9.55)
Hero ($9.65)
CO ($22.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.65) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $0.8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $7.9</font>, Hero...
Old 01-13-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: I Hate AK...a.k.a. AK Facing 3-Bet on Flop

I'd only raise 2,5 on the flop.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:02 AM

just get it all in, they'll have gutshots, flush draws, KQ here much of the time
Old 01-13-2007, 09:06 AM

omg plz rr AK pf

why are you not crazy about it?????????

look in your pt stats, you win w/ AK like 75% of the time
Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 AM

ps: this is over 175K hands

look at how often i win w AKo and AKs

these are PREMIUM hands.... rr!

not only that, but it looks like mp2 is iso-raising, so he probably has a pretty wide range, if you pfrr you will often take it down w/o even seeing a flop

also, it's good to learn how to play AKo.... as you get it quiet often compared to pocket pairs and suited connectors
Old 01-13-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

not only that, but it looks like mp2 is iso-raising, so he probably has a pretty wide range, if you pfrr you will often take it down w/o even seeing a flop

also, it's good to learn how to play AKo.... as you get it quiet often compared to pocket pairs and suited connectors

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL -- since I guess everyone has to start somewhere, there should be no shame in sharing...

The difference is, my stats actually show a loss. Tried to copy and paste from PT like you did but am not sure how to. Could you please let me know how I do that for future reference? For now, my stats are over approx. 7500 hands and show:

AKs 26 53.85 (8.70)
AKo 75 42.87 (17.75)

I'm actually improving and feel like I'm starting to catch on at least a little bit (hence the name...LearningCurve) but I'm certainly not there yet! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 02:28 PM

LearningCurve,

first you need a image editing program like Photoshop, gimp or similar. If you don't have them you can use the simple Paint which you find in the Windows menu Programs -&gt; Accessories -&gt; Paint.

1. Open PT or what you want to copy as a image. Hit the Print Screen-button on your keyboard (to the right of your F-buttons F1-F12).

2. Then open Paint and press down buttons CTRL and then V (now short CTRL+V) which will paste the screenshot you just took with the print screen button into the Paint work area.

3. Now you have to select what you want in the picture with the Select-tool, it's the one to the right of the "star" and above the "paint bucket", it looks like a dotted square. Then use it to select what you want to show/save as a file, when you have marked the area press down the buttons CTRL+C which copies the selected area to the memory.

4. Then hit CTRL+V to paste the selected area back to paint, it will be aligned at the top left corner.

5. Now you need to resize the image to the pasted part of the image. Just click somewhere outside the pasted image, now you see a "resize dot" in the bottom right corner of the "work area", actually in the grey area. Click the mouse on it and resize the drawing area so you only see the pasted part of the image you want to save.

6. Now you can save the file using the menu and Save As..., preferably save it as a jpg-image, save it anywhere you want.

7. Open http://imageshack.us/ and upload the image you just saved on your computer by browsing to the file and then hit the button "host it!". Now you come to a page with different url's to your uploaded picture which you can use. Don't close this page.

8. In the twoplustwo forum click reply or post and write what you need and then when you want to insert the picture hit the Instant UBB Code "Image" which you find next to the different smilies. Now a dialog window opens, copy the last url on the other page where you uploaded your image to the popup and hit OK.

9. Now it's embedded in your post.

I hope you understand my description, english is not my first language [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

/Hagel.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. Are your stats for short-handed or also full table? I mean, how can you have so big percentage win with AK?

I haven't played NL that much, I usually play limit, but in shorthanded I have AKs 4 hands 75pct, AKo 13 62pct and full table AKs 9 56pct, AKo 34 59pct. And I do continue bets etc. (usually 1/2 to potbet sizes) when I feel it's the right circumstances.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Hagel, thank you. Your English is certainly better than my whatever your primary language is. The instructions were great! I'm sure photoshop or something else would have better resolution, but my paint program will work in a pinch. Thanks again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[image][/image]
Old 01-13-2007, 03:36 PM

With nothing behind I call at these stakes. You will be chopping alot here and will find yourself against a big draw a fair amount. I think sets are pretty rare actually and you will find out villain had KQ or air almost as often. Over all you are getting better than 3:1 and you are winning this close to 1/2 the time IMO.