Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Default two pair from the SB facing all in?

This is from a $4/180. This is my third or so hand at the table so I have no reads. I didn't think the villian would have QQ even though I've seen some stupid limps in these before which also makes Q6 or Q2 possible. 66 and 22 could be out there but obviously a little less likely because I hold one of each. Do I see enough QJ-AQ or flush draw/combo hands to make this call with these stacks?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG (t10710)
UTG+1 (t4005)
MP1 (t9995)
MP2 (t6030)
CO (t11665)
Button (t6705)
Hero (t5500)
BB (t12365)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t875) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t10485</font>, MP1 folds, Hero ...?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: two pair from the SB facing all in?

I would call here. From the stacks shown it looks like hero needs to make up some ground (looks like hero is below average). The range of possibility is wide but hero is ahead more often then not.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 PM

No way I'm folding this.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:04 PM

call and expect to see slowplayed AA/KK , a good Q, or hearts all the time.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:27 PM

Instacall. 2pair+backdoor flush, as bakes said, those are the hands you will see, and you just have to dodge the board pairing one of your cards on the turn/river
Old 01-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Bakes' range is very accurate IMO.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:45 PM

I would call, a very strong hand (assuming a good to average player) isn't going to want to chase you away, (trips/or high two pair), sounds like a flush draw to me, he's getting all his money in and hope for the best (which would be for you to fold). Limper with a x suited diamonds sounds more likely to me with this raise. Plus he's playing on your short stack and hoping you won't risk all your chips with a fairly weak hand, probably puts you on a q with a poor kicker since you didn't raise preflop. Plus he needs to have a possible nut hand (or nothing) for this move, figures his ace is an out along with the nut flush, AQ wants to raise big, but not to much that he chases you away, and also to see if he gets reraised, you could have easily flopped trips the way the hand was played and the cards showing. Your only question is do you want to call this and risk the flush draw for all your chips, you'll win most of the time, but he could also have aq diamonds which will give him more outs, if you called every time on a low two pair with your opponent having you covered, you'll eventually lose one and be out of the tournament.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM

You asked:

Hero...?

Snaps off a quick double up by turbo calling....
Old 01-13-2007, 12:35 AM

if you aren't planning on calling this then why are you playing this hand in the first place? other than hitting a straight flush or a FH on the flop this is one of the better flops you could hope for.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Easy call, 22 or 66 is unlikely given that you have those cards yourself. Probably a diamond draw, maybe a weak Q like Bakes said. You are probably tentative because you are deep but you need to make up some ground with your strong flopped hands like this.