Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Default IWTSTH

"IWTSTH"- I want to see that hand.....
Do you allow this in your home game or not?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: IWTSTH

no. if you want to see the hand, call. But, if he shows the guy next to him, then mucks, show everyone.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Never. It is an atmoshpere killer at the very least and can only lead to bad feelings.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:21 PM

I'm going to put this in, perhaps to spark a little friendly debate here. I've said this before so forgive me if you've read my thoughts before.

I think you should be able to ask to see their hand (a called, mucked hand) at showdown any time you want without having to suspect cheating. The reason being that you've both risked your money in the pot, the winner shouldn't be the only on getting info. The entire table, regardless of their personal contribution to the pot, gets to see your hand, why is the losing hand then protected from the same exposure.

I understand the arguement against, things like "You already are getting the money, and it's just polite" and I agree, but poker is not a one hand game, it's a long sesson of hands, often against the same person, and that info would be very valuable.

Cody
Old 01-14-2007, 02:50 PM

I generally agree with this guy:

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/a...s/angelo05.htm
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 AM

I host a friendly $20 home tourney every week among a group of friends. We have a good time but we still play pretty seriously because the competition amongst friends high. We had some trouble with the IWTSTH early on and also had one guy who did something very annoying. What this guy would sometimes do was make a huge bet on the river, get called and auto-muck his hand and literally shove it under all the mucked cards and mix them up. He was adamant that no one see his hand. The winner of the pot would often feel he had a right to see what this guy had since he had "paid to see it" by calling the river bet. The intentional mixing up of the cards up with the muck is what was starting to tick some of us off. Heck the worst his hand could be was 7-2, it's not classified government documents.lol

So we came up with the rule for our game....if there is a showdown, all hands must be turned face up. If there is no showdown, muck 'em all you want and you never have a right to see someone's hand. If you want to ask, that's fine, but they will never be forced to show. (collusion is a non-issue) There was some grumbling at first (basically the one guy) and in the end it's been great. It has also sped up our game tremendously. Now as soon as the last bet is called or it's checked on the river, the hands go face up and the pot is awarded. Used to we had the ordeal of....

"ok, what do ya have?"
"I called your bet, you show first"
"oh ya, well I have 2 pair"
(flips over 8-6 while other guy looks at his hand)
"well I've got you then with a higher 2 pair"

It might not seem like it would make much of a difference but it can really keep the pace moving and since we really get so few hands per blind level in it helps.

That's just what we do and I know alot of people here wouldn't like it, but it works for us.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:51 PM

My friends and I just started a regular home game and we have made the rule that IWTSTH is not allowed, unless you actually think the person is cheating. A couple of the older guys dont like the rule, but most think its good.

Basically, I want to encourage people calling $50-200 with bottom pair and not have people ridicule them. This way they only have to show their horrible plays when they win, and it doesnt hurt getting ridiculed as much when you are stacking a few hundred bucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 PM

Good adjustment for your game, given MR. INAKITN (actually, INAKITN,T)
Old 01-17-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friends and I just started a regular home game and we have made the rule that IWTSTH is not allowed, unless you actually think the person is cheating. A couple of the older guys dont like the rule, but most think its good.

Basically, I want to encourage people calling $50-200 with bottom pair and not have people ridicule them. This way they only have to show their horrible plays when they win, and it doesnt hurt getting ridiculed as much when you are stacking a few hundred bucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally a good idea, as long as you don't get a Mr INAKINT,T playing games.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally a good idea, as long as you don't get a Mr INAKINT,T playing games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've lost me with the acronym LL, please elaborate.

Cody