Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Pot Limit Omaha Books

I've been playing pot limit for a while and I'm decent at it, but my experience is my only real knowledge of the game. What are some of the best books out there about how to play Pot Limit Omaha Hi?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Pot Limit Omaha Books

Or better question, why isn't there something about this in the FAQ?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Omaha Poker by Bob Ciaffone is considered the best first read for Pot Limit Omaha.

Some recommend How Good Is Your Pot Limit Omaha by Stewart Rueben, but I didn't like it at all.

Pot Limit & No Limit Poker by both Ciaffone and Rueben would be very helpful as a second read.

Once you read Omaha Poker and PL&NLP and get more playing experience, you can then read the best book available on PLO. Unfortunately, many people in this forum (and they're a grumpy bunch) cringe at the mere mention of this book so I will refrain from doing it here.

There aren't many books on PLO available so if you do a search on this forum or on Amazon, you should be able to figure out the book that must not be named.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Omaha Poker by Bob Ciaffone is considered the best first read for Pot Limit Omaha.

Some recommend How Good Is Your Pot Limit Omaha by Stewart Rueben, but I didn't like it at all.

Pot Limit & No Limit Poker by both Ciaffone and Rueben would be very helpful as a second read.

Once you read Omaha Poker and PL&NLP and get more playing experience, you can then read the best book available on PLO. Unfortunately, many people in this forum (and they're a grumpy bunch) cringe at the mere mention of this book so I will refrain from doing it here.

There aren't many books on PLO available so if you do a search on this forum or on Amazon, you should be able to figure out the book that must not be named.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post, add Slotbooms (little to weak/tight and full of fps, but alot good concepts) name and this is FAQ matherial.

- B
Old 01-12-2007, 03:56 PM

I've just bought the Stewart Reuben book and I like it. It's in the form of full hands that he's played or observed which seem to be all live and you have multiple choice questions on each betting decision in each hand.

And then he analyzes the hand afterwards. The book is entertaining as well as teaching you, soit's well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post, add Slotbooms (little to weak/tight and full of fps, but alot good concepts) name and this is FAQ matherial.

- B

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoosh!!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Slotboom is a bloody plague. I was in Vegas just last week and I saw a player that used to be good deep stack come in short stacked and obviously doing that BS. I left the game after about 3 hours.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because FAQs on 2p2 are not supposed to contain book reccomendations.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because FAQs on 2p2 are not supposed to contain book reccomendations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be possible just to list them without recommending them? Because it is actually quite silly to have a discussion list where you have the same question asked over and over again, frequently.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slotboom is a bloody plague. I was in Vegas just last week and I saw a player that used to be good deep stack come in short stacked and obviously doing that BS. I left the game after about 3 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I deliberately left his name and his book off my list for precisely this reason. With a little effort, a beginning player could have found that this was the final book I was referring to.