Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 PM

Default 3 Preflop Hand Questions

These are all in the same game with the table averages:

Vpip: 25.9
PFR: 6.8

Hand 1

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero...

UTG is a LPP at 35/4/.5
CO is Semi-Loose Aggressive at 26/13/3.9

Hand 2

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero...

(im pretty sure this is a limp right?)

Hand 3

Note: In this hand the button (same guy as CO in hand one) actually 3 bet and i folded but if he would have folded i wouldnt have known what to do.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button "Folds", Hero...

UTG a LPP at 37/6/1.1
MP1 is Semi-Loose Aggressive at: 33/11/4
Old 01-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: 3 Preflop Hand Questions

I'd three bet hand 1, fold hand 2, and fold hand 3.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:08 PM

These are entirely based on how comfortable you are playing them post flop.

AQo can easily be 3-bet against most people, certainly against 26/13 people. But how comfortable are you playing it on an ace high flop? On a raggy flop?

ATo can be raised first in at most micro tables, but again what is your plan post flop?

Calling raises with weak PP and only 2 people in is a leak. You just aren't going to make enough money from when they hit to make up for the times you have to fold them. Even from the SB. Probably from the BB with only 2 in although that may be a bit too tight.

If you don't know what to do with these post flop at this point in your career don't play them pre-flop in these situations.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM

Hand One I try to isolate the loose raiser with a reraise. Evaluate on the flop.

Hand two- I usually fold this UTG. 8 players right?

Hand three I fold. Doesn't look like enough callers for set implied odds to me. MP1 will usually have 2 overcards or often a higher PP.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Hand 1: In principle this is a fold. If you think CO is trying to isolation-raise the loose guy with more hands, you can play. In that case I'd probably re-raise.

Hand 2: Fold ATo in early position. Also, on tables this tight I never open-limp, not even UTG.

Hand 3: Still a fold.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:18 PM

Is coldcalling the first one a reasonable option? Just cause that is what I would maybe do

thx
Old 01-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Hand 1 raise.

Hand 2, depends on the table. Anything is reasonable, calling is probably the worse default option but at the right table it's correct.

Hand 3 I would tend to fold with no read on the PFR or BB but calling is close, and gets closer the better you play postflop. This is not the same thing as cc'ing 22 btw.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is coldcalling the first one a reasonable option? Just cause that is what I would maybe do

thx

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but probably worse than just folding.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:30 PM

What kind of situation would one consider to be ideal (3 or more callers, if raised?) for small pocket pairs in late pos and the blinds? Obv the bb is dif but what do you guys think?

yeah my postflop play is questionable at this point as i have only read through sshe once but im getting there. should i tighten up till i feel more confident?
Old 01-11-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of situation would one consider to be ideal (3 or more callers, if raised?) for small pocket pairs in late pos and the blinds? Obv the bb is dif but what do you guys think?

yeah my postflop play is questionable at this point as i have only read through sshe once but im getting there. should i tighten up till i feel more confident?

[/ QUOTE ]

My rule of thumb for pp is 4 people in to play one to a raise. Sometimes I'll count the BB, I'll count people who limped in before the raisor. Otherwise it's a fold.

It is a bit of a catch 22, but yes, tighten up till you feel more confident with the more marginal hands or rarer situations.