Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Stop Loss AHK?

I was wondering if it was possible for someone to write a script that would allow you to input a Stop loss for a particular session. For example, I play 8 tables of .50/1NL . I would like a program that would automatically shutdown my session by sitting me out on all tables after I have dropped 2 buyins+ total for that 8 tbl session. I figure this would help me greatly, so I don't have to keep loading my cashier to see how much I have lost, and probably also prevent some tilt by not having to continously check cashier after a lost pot to see where I'm at. I am willing to pay for a script like this. Please PM or post here with the details if this woud be possible. I play on Pokerstars mainly as well as Fulltilt, but would like it to definetly work on Stars as there is where most of my money is. I've done a search and don't believe there is a program currently out like this, but if there is, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Stop Loss AHK?

1. Poker Tracker will tell you your net $ for the day.
2. Checking to see how much you lost after each pot is going to make your very results oriented and maybe amplify tilt. Looking at how your doing is ok, but it really doesn't matter when you are talking that short-term.
3. 2 buyins is nothing, especially if you are playing 8 tables.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering if it was possible for someone to write a script that would allow you to input a Stop loss for a particular session. For example, I play 8 tables of .50/1NL . I would like a program that would automatically shutdown my session by sitting me out on all tables after I have dropped 2 buyins+ total for that 8 tbl session. I figure this would help me greatly, so I don't have to keep loading my cashier to see how much I have lost, and probably also prevent some tilt by not having to continously check cashier after a lost pot to see where I'm at. I am willing to pay for a script like this. Please PM or post here with the details if this woud be possible. I play on Pokerstars mainly as well as Fulltilt, but would like it to definetly work on Stars as there is where most of my money is. I've done a search and don't believe there is a program currently out like this, but if there is, can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
A more useful script would be one that auto-closes the cashier for you. I too used to always be compulsively checking my cashier every 5 mins, but if you think about it then there's no real benefit to doing it... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My record to date is 14 days without looking, and after you get used to it then it's actually pretty enlightening - you can just get on with playing +EV poker rather than caring if you're up or down for the day...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:33 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, my problem is, I usually have at least 2 losing days out of the week. Generally they are your usual loss you can expect multi-tabing .50/1, but every once in a while I will have a crazy day where I just feel the need to play through it and almost never recover what I set out to make up that day. Infact, I always make the situation worst. So to prevent days like that, I'd like to have some type of Stop loss program to alert me when I'm reaching my required Stop loss, because I do play with a stop loss and it has helped me greatly, I just feel something that would automate it for me, would be one less thing I'd have to think about while playing a session, just like a bet pot script. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 11:39 AM

Juk,
14 days, that's sick. I'm not immune from looking, but I'm getting better (and better about not letting it effect me). But my OCD record keeping does keep me from being able to get far without looking. I keep track of where all my money in on each day, so when I'm done for the day I have to go look at the cashier.

But yeah, playing to break even or to hit a mark is a terrible way to play. I've done it before and it doesn't work. You get too focused on the results, trying to make those last few dollars and not what you are actually doing.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Sklansky has said that deciding whether or not you should continue playing or stop based on how well you are doing is very stupid because you should only consider if you are in a good game or not and I agree with this. However, I think this script would be useful for players like me that cannot control myself when losing and therefore play -ev.

So if someone should invent such a script, please PM me too.