Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Boxing Tonight Emanuel Augustus vs. Kid Diamond

Currently at +210 for EA and -270 for KD. If you are any kind of boxing fan you know that Augustus is sort of a cult figure among us. He has a near .500 record, but is still considered one of the most talented guys out there. He's been robbed more times than any fighter in recent memory. He gave Floyd Mayweather Jr. his first real test as a fighter. Kid Diamond on the other hand, or Almazbek Raiymukulov is a one loss fighter, and that was to the formidable Nate Campbell. Diamond's loss was one fight after he drew with Joel Casamayor, the current lightweight champion. It's really hard to justify a bet on a fighter with a record of 34-27-6, but EA has beat better fighters than Diamond. Diamond's problem seems to be with fighters with quick hands, and a solid Defense...EA has both. I'm putting a play on Augustus, but not to confidently. I think he has the tools to beat KD, it's just a matter if he'll bring them to the ring tonight. Also, Augustus took the fight on 48 hours notice, but this might factor Augustus, because he's played this role many times before.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Boxing Tonight Emanuel Augustus vs. Kid Diamond

where can I bet this now that pinny closed?
Old 01-11-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where can I bet this now that pinny closed?

[/ QUOTE ]
5 Dimes has it at -275/+235 with props for decision wins and wins inside the distance.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM

Thinking of Parlaying an Augustus win by decision. So Afraid to bet on Augustus though.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:36 PM

i don't see any value here at all; the odds are way off. i can't see how emanuel augustus (ea) is in any shape to fight a kid diamond (kd), who always comes ready to go the distance (kd was slated to fight zahir raheem, the guy no one likes to fight and who beat morales). drawing joel casamyor speaks volume of the caliber of fighter kd is. perhaps had ea more time to train my analysis would be different. ea has to train hard and long to go up with the likes of kd. all that colorful defense ea has requires tip top shape--and he needs it considering he has no chin and is going against a guy who is always very active in throwing punches. i actually see ea gassing out and kd ko'ing him because of the short time ea had to train for this fight. ea should have been a bigger dog this fight at this time.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 PM

Augustus is more talented than the looks and has also been on the wrong end of a few horrible decisions, but he's not a world title caliber fighter, especially given his poor training, etc... Also, he has been getting worse lately. Diamond should win this pretty easily. I like -275. I dont think he has ever beaten someone as good as Diamond.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 PM

Emanuel Augustus is always in the gym. The fact that he came in to this fight at 137 lbs proves he is in shape. The fact they they are fighting on 48 hours notice may be more of a factor towards Diamond then Augustus. Augustus is always in shape. And, to the poster above who said he doesn't have a chin...that's crazy...Micky Ward Knocked him down with a body shot, and he lost another fight by KO as the final seconds ticked away, and there is a lot of talk that he threw that fight. Kid Diamond is not a special fighters guys, and I wouldn't be surprised if Augustus wins this fight, or losses a very close decision, perhaps unswervingly.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:17 PM

Continuing...Nate Campbell tore Diamond up. Yes, he did draw with Casamayor, but Casa had no motivation for the fight because he was hoping for a bigger fight at the time. By most accounts, Casamayor deserved the nod. This fight will all be over in just about an hour, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear Augustus got the nod.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM

It would be hard to bet on EA given that he doesnt even win half of the fights that he wins.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM

He's also been robbed in half the fights he's lost