Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 09:26 AM

Default NL$100 - In deep with AA

I doubled up against this villain a few hands earlier when I had KK and he called my preflop push with AK. Other than that I have no history with him. I'm wondering what others think of his line here.

Edited to add: Hero's stack is about $200 and villain covers.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, 2 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($21.5, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $20</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($61.5, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $223.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: NL$100 - In deep with AA

stack sizes?

raise more preflop, like 14-16 especially if you're deep.
in a rerasied pot i like betting less than pot. usually 1/2 - 2/3.
i also like betting less on the turn.

his range is pretty big when you only 3bet 1 1/2x his origianl raise. hes calling with anything.

im not sure how much you have left, but if you have him covered i think this is a pretty easy fold. less than 100 BBs behind and i call.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:46 AM

Yeah I think stack size is an important consideration. I had about 120BB's remaining on the turn after having put 80BB in the pot so far in the hand.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had about 120BB's remaining on the turn after having put 80BB in the pot so far in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

nasty spot

part of the reason i like betting less on the flop and turn is to allow room to fold when you are beat. als raisng more PF narrows his range much more effectively.

as it is he has any pair 22-QQ, 45/56/67/78, and rarely a hand like AsXs. youre only beating the rare flsuh draw and 88-QQ but I cant think of any good reason why those pairs would push the turn.

as played its really close, but i probably nit up and fold.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:15 AM

Raise more preflop, check behind on turn, call river. As played, fold unless he is very likely to bluff in this spot with overcards.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 PM

i'm smelling made straight here, or some very strong draws (A7s)... you said you dont have reads on him. He might think his over card is still an out.

If he is up over 2 buy ins, he isnt playing that bad of poker. Muck the aces and start watching his play. Seems to me you either gonna find out he is loose or he is a solid player. Leading to either a good fold or the ability to get all that money back.

Also, how did the all in work in the previous hand? 4bet? 3bet? That is helpful, if he is calling 3bet or 4bet all ins with AK