Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Can I consider it to be a scare card?

I am working on my bluffing skills and one thing that I picked up is that it's a good idea to bet on a scare card. Like if villain calls your cb on 239r board, then you should be more willing to fire second barrel if turn is an A then a 2. But what about this kind of situation: lets say that villain is semi-solid, slightly weak-tight, basicaly a perfect candidate for a second barrel bluff.

Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $182.75
Hero: $94.00
CO: $171.14
Button: $98.40
SB: $87.46
BB: $165.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, SB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($23, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16</font>

Is turn card a good card to bluff at, can I consider it to be a scare card? If we put villain on 66-99, then a T on the turn doesn't change the strenght of our hands no matter what we have.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Can I consider it to be a scare card?

thats a horrible card to secnd barrel, he will be even more confident his 77 is good

on the other side he will think if you arent afraid of it you must have it

overall, i dont like it
Old 01-10-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats a horrible card to secnd barrel, he will be even more confident his 77 is good

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would villain be even more confident his 77 is good? I don't get that. He must put me on broadways and high pairs plus trash sometimes. If an ace hit, then it will often improve my hand but a T doesn't change anything.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:15 PM

If there's 2 tens on the board, there is a less of a chance you have it. If he thought his 77 was good on a T high board, he obviously doesn't put you on a T... the 2nd T just corroborates his gut-feeling.

You are getting called on the dryest of dry boards. This is not a scare card. This is a bad spot to double barrell.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there's 2 tens on the board, there is a less of a chance you have it. If he thought his 77 was good on a T high board, he obviously doesn't put you on a T... the 2nd T just corroborates his gut-feeling.

You are getting called on the dryest of dry boards. This is not a scare card. This is a bad spot to double barrell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well. If you say so... But I don't think that people at 100nl think like this:

[ QUOTE ]
If there's 2 tens on the board, there is a less of a chance you have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If he thought his 77 was good on a T high board, he obviously doesn't put you on a T... the 2nd T just corroborates his gut-feeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm not sure that this is how most villains thinking process works. He probably thinks: "well, my 77 is probably good, lets see what will happen on the turn". Call.