Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Comparison of play in big Sunday Stars tourneys?

I wanted to get the general opinion on the level of play in the 3 big Stars tourneys on Sunday: Warm-Up ($250K guaranteed now), Million, and Second Chance.

Looking at the sheer numbers from last week, it looks like the Warm-Up had around 1500 entries, The Million had 7000, and the Second Chance had less than 1000 (it's actually gone from the tourney window, so I'm going by memory). So based on size, the hardest would be the Million.

For quality of play, is there any significant difference? If you won a satellite to a $215 tourney, and wanted to take a shot, which would give you the best shot at cashing? Going deep? I've read that there's a lot of dead money in the Million. Does the Warm-Up have a lower percentage of dead money?

For the sake of the question, assume bankroll would not be significantly affected by taking a shot. This would largely be for the experience of playing a bigger tournament, and assumes that you'd play one of the Sunday tourneys.

Separately, is there any difference in the sats to the Warm-Up vs the Millions? Since they pay the same T$, I wouldn't think so, but was curious.

Thanks for your opinion,
Kindling