Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Taking a night class after graduation (class recommendations)...

so, heres my story...i graduated from art school last december and am currently working full time doing exactly what i studied to do...the problem is that i don't know many people and don't have much time/skills at meeting new people outside of work (95% guys)...during college i was in a long term relationship so i didnt date or do much social, also consider that i spent 4 years in front of a computer day and night on school/outside projects...

so, i want to take a night class or something to get out of my house, away from a computer, and maybe meet some new people...but since i went to art school i don't know much about non-art college courses...im looking for something a couple nights a week that is mostly lecture based and covers something interesting, i want a lecture based class cuz i probably won't be doing much work outside of the actual classroom...

any suggestions or ideas? thanks

btw...im 23...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Taking a night class after graduation (class recommendations)...

I'm also 23 and studied math. Philosophy was pretty cool; it was about 3 hours lecture and 1 hour discussion at my school for the two intro philosophy classes I took. One was about modern moral issues (i.e. death penalty) and the other was philosophy of religion. The discussions were fun, just debating the ideas with a TA to moderate. There was some light outside reading assigned, but you could get away without it.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Taking a night class after graduation (class recommendations)...

"There was some light outside reading assigned, but you could get away without it."

im cool with this kind of stuff, but im not gonna be writing research papers or essays and things of that nature...