Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 02:22 AM

Default ZOMG the interweb is broken

Hey, if you need more info just ask.

I got a netgear WGR614, i have 3 computers hooked up to it by ethernet cable and 1 computer through wireless. This will happen at least twice a day, the router loses connection from the internet and then reconnects str8 after, i was just 8 tabling and boom disconnected losing like $150 coz i get kicked off the tables at prima.

We had this router for about a year, then during an electrical storm is got [censored] up, so we replaced it with the same router and this one disconnects.
any suggestions to stop it from disconecting would be great.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:59 AM

Default Re: ZOMG the interweb is broken

I have that exact same router but there are a few revisions of it check whitch one you had to your current one. I seen reports that some of the older revs had a problem where they randomly loss connection and need to be restarted. Also make sure you have the latest and greatest firmware and the router is in a place where it can breath so has the abitlity to cool off. If none of that works you may just have gotten a defective router.

Later,
WGO
Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: ZOMG the interweb is broken

I had the exact same router also and had the same problems you described. I upgraded the firmware several times, just as Whatsgoingon mentioned. You should definitely give it a try by going to Netgear's website and finding the latest firmware update for that particular router. It might or might not work, but it's the first place to start.

I ended up buying a Linksys WRT54G since that is what all my other routers are and what I recommend to my customers. I'd hate to see you buy a new router though until you determine something is really wrong with the one you have.

Good luck.