Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 AM

Default I think I sould call... no, I think I should fold..

Villain is reasonably aggressive as am I, and I don't recall either one of us really getting out of line, but I haven't been at the table very long at all. I'm getting almost exactly 2:1 on the flop.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $2224
UTG+1: $2371
CO: $1877
Button: $1491
Hero: $2344
BB: $1115.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $70</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $300</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($690, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $420</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $2071</font>...

Kirk
Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 AM

Default Re: I think I sould call... no, I think I should fold..

fold es bueno?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold es bueno?

[/ QUOTE ]

..ya think?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 AM

im not tryin to be a smartass. i know you know what to do here. what i am tryin to get at is that not everyone knows your reads on the guy, his view of you, how the game is going and all that [censored]. for all i know this guy could do this with fd, some random holding, or strictly 1010+ and AK.... i mean [censored] what do you expect here.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not tryin to be a smartass. i know you know what to do here. what i am tryin to get at is that not everyone knows your reads on the guy, his view of you, how the game is going and all that [censored]. for all i know this guy could do this with fd, some random holding, or strictly 1010+ and AK.... i mean [censored] what do you expect here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ..is fine. However, I almost have the odds to draw vs a set, and if he has slowplayed AA I def have the odds to draw... the times he has KK I'm sorta screwed but it almost doesn't change much. So any range we put him on I'm more or less good getting 2:1, no? I'm not arguing that it's a call or a fold, but I do think it's kinda close.

Maybe a boring hand, idk.

Kirk
Old 01-10-2007, 01:51 AM

you already put the 420 in there. you should have bet less if you were planning on folding to his push.

I vote Call
Old 01-10-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: I think I should call... no, I think I should fold..

[ QUOTE ]
However, I almost have the odds to draw vs a set

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Open and shut clear cut fold here. Getting 2:1, you are too often
(a) Seeing a set as an approximate 3:1 dog
(b) Seeing AK drawing to 3 As just to chop (remember our hand??)

At best you're seeing something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which is about even money, but also very unlikely.

Also, is squeezing here standard for you? I'd prefer 3-betting with trash than with this hand, which for me is a call.

Garland
Old 01-11-2007, 09:02 AM

If it was HU I would've probably just called, but once the button called in the middle thinks can sometimes get more tricky post-flop since I'm up vs two players out of position now instead of one, so I went for the squeeze. Against certain players in that spot, however, I'll re-raise with any two cards I was going to call with anyway (such as against you last Friday on L@TB as soon as I noticed that you expanded your PF raising range, and adjusted to you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

In any case, I folded. Wanted to see if anyone can do some math and show me that a call was feasable, I guess not.

Kirk
Old 01-11-2007, 10:36 AM

plug in alot of suited connectors, any 2 pairs, AA-99, AK to poker stove and see what it says. It will probably be exactly a call, but thats a generous range.