Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Just me and a set of ladies.

Villain (BB) is 21/9/1.6 over 400 hands. Seems pretty solid and often has the goods at SD.

Pacific Hand History Converter Tool from Fuzzy's Logic vs Poker
(Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($51.61)
BB ($143.51)
EP ($26.66)
Hero ($70.37)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero raises $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.5, BB raises $2, Hero raises $2, SB calls $2, BB calls $1,

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($12)
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1</font>, Hero raises $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1,

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($16)
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero raises $4, BB calls $2,

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($24)
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, Hero raises $4, BB calls $2.

Should I change anything about this hand (with this type of opponent)?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Just me and a set of ladies.

Looks good to me. On the turn he could have AA, but I imagine he'd usually check/raise it. When he doesn't 3 bet the turn I think he has AA very rarely on the river, so I like the raise there too.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:15 AM

absolutely perfect. jesus what a hand. my god. best hand ever
Old 01-10-2007, 12:16 AM

How else could you play this? You have the nuts basically.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Leader,

Obviously in any normal situation, I'd betting and raising as much as possible here (as done). What I'm wondering about is, when you are playing against a very tight, straightforward player who is solid and normally shows down the goods, should I ever be scared of AA (don't think I'd have to worry about KJ very often here) or just pay it off since I'll lose way too much value most of the time by slowing down?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 AM

*grunch*

I think an argument could be made for slow calling the slightly coordinated flop and popping the turn. With the prospect of letting SB peel, I might lean toward that.

Turn and river are straightforward.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

Obviously in any normal situation, I'd betting and raising as much as possible here (as done). What I'm wondering about is, when you are playing against a very tight, straightforward player who is solid and normally shows down the goods, should I ever be scared of AA (don't think I'd have to worry about KJ very often here) or just pay it off since I'll lose way too much value most of the time by slowing down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think very many players donk the turn with a set of Aces after you've raised the flop. Even if hey did, you would still raise, calling a 3-bet.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:45 AM

when he doesnt cap it preflop you can usually guess he doesnt have aces, a good player will sometimes just call the 3rd bet to trap you. When he doesnt 3 bet the turn you can be sure he just has a strong ace, your definitely good great betting down in this pot, played perfectly.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you scare of AA? He didn't even cap pf.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think very many players donk the turn with a set of Aces after you've raised the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they do. Quite a few players have no understanding of the concept of initiative.