CTH Gurus:

i'm thinking about getting a XPS 210 here

and just wanted to make sure it would work with my home wireless network

also:

i can either get the
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3000
or
256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro (+100)

all i care about is multi-monitoring, where can i find out if it is possible for these two?

thanks guys!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: quick Q: do dell PCs & wireless compatability? +bonus Q re: video card

Since this is a desktop it doesn't come with a wireless card installed but, calling dell and aksing them for it and I am sure they can charge some amount to get one installed.

I also noticed it comes with windows media center which if you search either this forum or the software forum you may find a rant somewhere of why media center is bad for most people. I have never used it but apperently its 10-15% slower them regular XP.

With the Intel graphics card that comes installed its just a video card that is attachted to the motherboard. Adding that second video card is probably more video power then you will need but it will alow you to do dual monitor support assumming that one monitor is DVI compatable and one monitor is VGA compatiable see the link below for a picture of the back of the card ( I am like 90% percent sure its the one Dell will give you) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102681 notice that
its not dual DVI. If you have two CRT monitors, you are not compatible. However, you can get a DVI -> VGA convertor (There actually one pictured in that link) that will let you hook up two CRT monitors to this video card and some LCD monitors have the both a VGA and DVI hookup in the back so it may not be neccessary to get a dual DVI card.

I hope that makes sense.

Later,
WGO