Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:09 AM

Default 3/6 SH: Should I just buy a skirt and get it over with?

First one, villain is 32/18/1.5. No real history, I am playing at ~21/15. I usually raise the flop, just didn't this time. I hated the turn, and hated calling it.

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $766
Hero (BTN): $660
SB: $980.2
BB: $1442.7
UTG: $609

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, SB calls $18, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($48, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($98, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $90</font>, Hero calls $90

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($278, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets all in for $847.20</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $847.20 returned to SB

Second one, villain is 26/17/1.7. Was planning to CRAI flop when I flat called PF, but no likey flopsie;

Full Tilt Poker
$3/$6 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $787
Hero (UTG): $594
CO: $1122.70
BTN: $1100.95
SB: $597

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9, 5 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, CO calls $21, <font color="red">BTN raises to $96</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $75, CO calls $75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($297, 3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $158</font>, Hero calls $158, CO folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($613, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all in for $846.95</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $846.95 returned to BTN

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [] ($613, 1 players)
No action

Thoughts, please.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: 3/6 SH: Should I just buy a skirt and get it over with?

Hand one shows you what not raising the flop will do - get you in trouble.

Second hand is good postflop, it looks to me like villain has AK and is scared of someone drawing out on his trips. One of you could easily have AK here and if he's bluffing QQ he's spewing. Check call is good on the flop but the turn is a good spot to fold.

CO will call a lot here if you flat call the re-raise OOP so I would repop it. Flat calling is good with high pairs if you have position but if you're OOP it can be extremely difficult to play optimally.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:37 AM

hand 1 i would def not be folding riv. but i play it the same on previous streets. i would not fold riv cause 4 pairing is a really good card for you and he can def be value pushing worse imo. i think folding turn is a viable option though.

hand 2 i think is fine. i might still c/r flop tho cause stacks aren't that deep and he can be betting diamonds or qq or something stupid. i think i like push/fold on flop but once u get to the turn i don't see how u can be good.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 i would def not be folding riv. but i play it the same on previous streets. i would not fold riv cause 4 pairing is a really good card for you and he can def be value pushing worse imo. i think folding turn is a viable option though.

hand 2 i think is fine. i might still c/r flop tho cause stacks aren't that deep and he can be betting diamonds or qq or something stupid. i think i like push/fold on flop but once u get to the turn i don't see how u can be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'm retarted. I didn't even notice the board pairing on hand 1 til you just said that, as I pretty much put him on JT or flopped set. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Still not positive I like a call though, as this guy wasn't a complete idiot, and usually this line mean big hand vs decent layers in my experience, but yeah, JT might make that play too, thinking maybe vs Aj...
Old 01-09-2007, 02:47 AM

#1 i like line to river, i call
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 AM

Call, call. The 4 pairing in hand one makes a call easier, I would probably wind up calling even if river was a blank though. Hand 2, I don't fold aces to a guy who could be squeezing, even though he fired two barrels.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:58 AM

I don't mind how you played hand 2. Hand 1 you have to call of course.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:38 AM

never fold hand 1 given the odds he was giving youl. the 4 paired so now you beat JT, he could even be value betting AJ. hand 2 4bet pf so the guy behind you doesnt get odds
Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's almost a 2x pot push to hero. the only worse hand that villain can be value betting is exactly JT trying to get called by AJ. i still like a call b/c villain can be bluffing here a lot though.

as for hand 2, i'd definitely get ai. i'd probably c/c flop, check turn and if he checks behind then shove river.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's almost a 2x pot push to hero. the only worse hand that villain can be value betting is exactly JT trying to get called by AJ. i still like a call b/c villain can be bluffing here a lot though.

as for hand 2, i'd definitely get ai. i'd probably c/c flop, check turn and if he checks behind then shove river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why the if's on hand 2, go with what the action was?

In other words, you call?