Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Default 50NL 6max: TPGK OOP. How did I play this one?

No reads. Am I playing this too weak? I'm trying to keep the pot small with a weak hand. At the same time I feel it's better to let villain keep on betting with worse hands than betting myself and making all his worse hands fold. Please comment on all streets.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $56.67
UTG+1: $32.60
CO: $51.75
Button: $35.75
SB: $55.62
Hero: $49.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.12</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.49, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $4.24</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16.97, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $16.97
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6max: TPGK OOP. How did I play this one?

i think you played it fine
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM

Ok, thanks, good to know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As I played a while back I probably would've lead out on the flop, most likely resulting in either a fold from all villains worse hands and me winning a small pot, or a call/raise from villain with better hands and me losing a big pot having a hard time laying down TPGK.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do others agree?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:12 AM

Looks good. This line will lose the minimum against hands that have you outkicked and win the maximum from lesser kings and mid pocket pairs.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:12 AM

What? You dont get long run value from leading the flop? What about the draws?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-09-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What? You dont get long run value from leading the flop? What about the draws?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you lead the flop and get raised, are we folding? And if we lead and he folds, then I guess we lost value from a weaker hand/air. And we can't exactly price him out from drawing with a flop bet...

nh OP.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 AM

I think that is a fine way to play the hand.

Sometimes I will lead out the turn though, for a couple reasons. I don't really want to have to call a pot sized bet, and leading out lets me "name my price" so to speak. Also in the event he is on a draw, it does not let him check behind. Also it gives you another way to play top pair, and in a long session sometimes helps open up other options on your bigger hands.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads. Am I playing this too weak? I'm trying to keep the pot small with a weak hand. At the same time I feel it's better to let villain keep on betting with worse hands than betting myself and making all his worse hands fold. Please comment on all streets.

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $56.67
UTG+1: $32.60
CO: $51.75
Button: $35.75
SB: $55.62
Hero: $49.55

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.12</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.49, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $4.24</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($16.97, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $16.97

[/ QUOTE ]

Against all but the tightest raisers I will 3 bet KQs vs a button open raise..KQs is well ahead of a buttons open raising hand range..

As played lead the river for 1/2 PSB fold if raised..Villains flop and turn bets are so weak I would like to get some added value..Your play will look suspicious enough(betting a missed draw) to get paid off by many smaller pairs and all weaker kings..By leading river with a "blocker/value" bet you avoid a tough decision should villain make a PSB..Most villains would only raise your river bet with there strongest hands like sets..Should you be raised you can fold with complete confidence..
Old 01-09-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also it gives you another way to play top pair, and in a long session sometimes helps open up other options on your bigger hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Another way to play top pair, do you mean as opposed to just checking? Would you also please explain a bit further the other options this play would help open up for bigger hands, I don't quite understand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, what should I do on the river if my turn bet is called? What if it's raised?

[ QUOTE ]
Against all but the tightest raisers I will 3 bet KQs vs a button open raise..KQs is well ahead of a buttons open raising hand range..

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel quite uncomfortable 3-betting OOP. If I do 3-bet, how should I then proceed with the hand? In the same way as I did without the 3-bet, c/c and perhaps putting in ~1/2 pot sized bets on turn and/or river?

[ QUOTE ]
As played lead the river for 1/2 PSB fold if raised..Villains flop and turn bets are so weak I would like to get some added value..Your play will look suspicious enough(betting a missed draw) to get paid off by many smaller pairs and all weaker kings..By leading river with a "blocker/value" bet you avoid a tough decision should villain make a PSB..Most villains would only raise your river bet with there strongest hands like sets..Should you be raised you can fold with complete confidence..

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense, especially considering villain made quite weak 1/2 pot sized bets on both flop and turn.