Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 07:48 PM

Default 1/2 - Flopped FH, never raised

Clearing the $600 bonus 4 tabling $1/$2 eurobet 10 minutes into this table. No obvious reads, they seem like avg. 1/2 plrs.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

Thought if I bet the turn, the BB would raise, knocking out the CO.

CR the river? Or risk checking around (and BB having AA/AQ)?

Are there extra bets to be won/lost?
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Re: 1/2 - Flopped FH, never raised

Ugh! don't kill kittens. This is way too passive. c/r the turn, bet the river. The Ace most likely hit someone, so you can raise the turn. Heck, no one's really showing much aggression, you could even donk bet the turn although I like a c/r better.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:57 PM

bet the flop.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
and when you decided to dont do that, definitely check-raise when it comes back to you.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:11 PM

I'm still new to the game of poker but I'm struggling to make any sense of this play. I accept the check on the fold (personally I'd bet out) but then I'd definitely check-raise when it came back. Again on the turn I'd imagine the Ace interests at least one or two so again I'd expect at least a bet/raise. On the river I'd again lead with a bet, hoping for a raise against two pair (Ace &amp; Jacks) which I'd then reraise and take it from there. Am I a complete n00b oblivious to a complex play or does any of what I just wrote make any sense?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still new to the game of poker but I'm struggling to make any sense of this play. I accept the check on the fold (personally I'd bet out) but then I'd definitely check-raise when it came back. Again on the turn I'd imagine the Ace interests at least one or two so again I'd expect at least a bet/raise. On the river I'd again lead with a bet, hoping for a raise against two pair (Ace &amp; Jacks) which I'd then reraise and take it from there. Am I a complete n00b oblivious to a complex play or does any of what I just wrote make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
You have better ideas on how to play the hand than the guy who played it
Old 02-06-2006, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, c/r might be too strong on the flop, but then again maybe not. Donk bet on the flop might be too strong too, but I like that line better than a c/r. The way it was played a c/r on the turn or a donk bet would both work. I think a c/r may get more value, but w/o reads its hard to say. This hand really plays itself as you deduced. nh.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh! don't kill kittens.

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as I saw this hand I had to take a chainsaw to ole Nero. This was Nero.

I can't show Nero afterwards, as the lens on my camera won't go out that far (he was all over my apartment). I can show you the chainsaw though:

Old 02-06-2006, 08:46 PM

I don't mind the flop check so much, but by the turn I'm betting. I'd lead and hope someone would raise then 3-bet. C/R would make me nervous that I'd miss a whole round of betting, which almost happened.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 PM

Greg,

Don't make me cry.......poor Nero.....