Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 12:42 AM

Default max value vs lag

co is loose passiv
sb is lag

pretty common situation and i am not sure wheather i get max value here
raise turn?
raise river?
i allways feel myself weak in this kind of situation -.-

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: pirat is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">pirat caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">pirat raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">pirat caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, pirat calls, Button calls.

River: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, pirat calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: max value vs lag

This is a situation where the preflop action, despite showing more strength, should make you MORE prone to getting aggressive later. SB is screaming overpair, and since there are more combos of TT-QQ than AA, and he'd play them all exactly the same on the flop, I can find exactly one more raise here, prolly the turn.

If he hadn't 3bet preflop then went schizo on the flop, I'd be much more worried that he flopped a flush, a pair + FD, some straight/flush combo draw, etc. As it is, I bet you're still ahead. I'm calling down if he 3b the turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 AM

i really dont mind keeping the button in a ton tho as opposed to raising the turn. Since ur having the Kh will usually cut into his equity and that 4 was actually a great card to help make it even harder for some types of hands to outdraw you.

It is definitely nice for him to have a more narrow range tho as DC said but he is a lag who just 3bet from the sb its not like its just 10 10 + here.

I probably play it the same as you though even though i think we could raise the turn vs this guy. I think calling is better though as we often make the same if we just call when we re ahead as if we raise while risking less. This will be QQ JJ alot but he should be slowing down with those after u cap 2 streets.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:10 AM

if sbs a lag, ill fire another on the turn.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont mind keeping the button in a ton tho as opposed to raising the turn. Since ur having the Kh will usually cut into his equity and that 4 was actually a great card to help make it even harder for some types of hands to outdraw you.

It is definitely nice for him to have a more narrow range tho as DC said but he is a lag who just 3bet from the sb its not like its just 10 10 + here.

I probably play it the same as you though even though i think we could raise the turn vs this guy. I think calling is better though as we often make the same if we just call when we re ahead as if we raise while risking less. This will be QQ JJ alot but he should be slowing down with those after u cap 2 streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd have to be one hell of a LAG to 3-bet PF, 3-bet and get capped on the flop, and still donk the turn with much less than TT+ or Ahx. Do you really think he's playing a nonset PP&lt;99, or ui overs w/no heart this often?