Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM

Default AK hand again

Villain is 47/7/1.3 after 30 hands or so...
Im not so sure about the turn here.
River im semi-lost, but i believe AK is good enough here to make a profit... yes?

I posted a hand sort of like this (maybe a week ago?) and i was told to raise against a betting villain who was a crazy agro to knock out another player. Villian here is much more passive though, so does that make it a fold here?

also, do i c-bet turn too?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Poker Gestalt is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Poker Gestalt raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Poker Gestalt bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Poker Gestalt bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Poker Gestalt calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 01-07-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: AK hand again

nh
Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Fold the river (although I'd probably call).
Old 01-07-2007, 08:53 PM

Recently ive been so reluctant to call anyone with a AF of 1.5 and lower... Seems they always have the goods.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently ive been so reluctant to call anyone with a AF of 1.5 and lower... Seems they always have the goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is utter nonsense, especially when you only have 3 orbits worth of stats on the Villan.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:13 PM

Ok i just posted in the thread with AQx and dude has AJ. I posted that its always a fold vs. a passive c/r b/c villain had .86 AF. Then i read alot of more experianced ppls post that said "just b/c his AF is so low doesnt mean he isnt Agro" ..... WHAT??? Im hearing it again here?? again.... WHAT? lol sorry i just dont get it
Old 01-07-2007, 09:14 PM

against an aggressive player (with an additional caller in the middle), I think checking the turn is a better option.

he is likely to bet the river with 'whatever' he is holding (if the middle player calls, then you can probably dump your hand. If he fold you can call)
Old 01-07-2007, 09:21 PM

Ok what if i played your line and villain now checks the river and the middle player bets and i have to worry about the over caller?

p.s. i still dont get why alot of seansoned peeps are mentioning that someone with such a low AF could actually be an agro player? (again, not just this post)
Old 01-07-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok i just posted in the thread with AQx and dude has AJ. I posted that its always a fold vs. a passive c/r b/c villain had .86 AF. Then i read alot of more experianced ppls post that said "just b/c his AF is so low doesnt mean he isnt Agro" ..... WHAT??? Im hearing it again here?? again.... WHAT? lol sorry i just dont get it

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in the other thread, read Jax's post. Basically, stats &lt;&gt; a read.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:48 PM

Oh i agree completely but dont stats have some reflection of how he plays? I mean if that wasnt the case then whats the purpose of having stats... I dont get you you can go about saying someone who has xx/15/.84 is an agro postflop? I mean so many ppl are just assuming that.. It makes no logical sense to me.