Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 08:39 PM

Default 5-10 NL Private Game Rough Spot

Full game. This is basically a very loose gambling table tonight, with aleast 3-4 players going to every flop on 3 bets. With a few very aggro players and the normal sheriffs. The night is getting late and there's probably around 45K on the table, about normal for this time. I've been picking my spots for the night and have been guessing well so far. Villians are super aggro and play a fairly well balanced game. I have a little under 5K. I cover Villian 1, but not Villian 2.

Pre Flop:
Hero is UTG Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and limps in

Villian 1 UTG+1 Limps

Villian 2 Button Raises 50 straight

Hero reraises 200

V1 pauses, then calls

V2 quickly calls

Flop:

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]:j [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks

V1 checks

V2 checks

Turn:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero Leads 500

V1 Raises 1300

V2 Folds

Hero?

What are your thoughts on your next move?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: 5-10 NL Private Game Rough Spot

fold. hes made a strong move and since you played your hand so weakly i say its his pot. strong moves take the pot and even though he could have a worse hand the king and jack on the board make me worried, maybe you lose to JJ or KK or even K3o if the game is playing lose. in spots like these i hand the pot over to the stronger player since he has the marbles to put the monee in like this. tap the table, say good hand and fold your ladies.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 PM

V1 and V2 are both very aggro players, usually raise when they're coming into any pot. V2 is your normal club player, lots of history, V1 is a newbie, fairly loose and very very aggresive when coming into any pot post flop. I've been keeping tabs on him the whole night. He had a few bad beat suck outs and now he's stuck around 4 decent Buy Ins. The only hands showed by V1 all night were usually the nuts on the river. His range is normal, not donkyish. All most all the players are more like 10-20 NL players. The game is more played for stacks than anything. Do you really think it's possible for V1 to have JJ or KK the way it was played? Maybe KJ. V1 seemed very confident after the raise.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:16 PM

possible doesnt matter. neither does impossible, for that matter. this is poker and its like a war. the theoretical is for classrooms, not the felt. you use your bayonet and he comes back at you with a cannon. unless you want to unleash the nuclear bomb, get rid of your pocket queens. the a-bomb is best saved for hands where you know youve got it won or your opponents are japanese.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM

I would check the turn. Since you bet, fold to the raise.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the a-bomb is best saved for hands where you know youve got it won or your opponents are japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, V1 was a Jap!

I understand it's much harder for reads online but, what possible hands can you guys put him on here?
Old 01-07-2007, 11:05 PM

I put V1 on AJ Hearts at best. I pushed All-In. Got $3xx returned in change. V1 had AQh. Royal Flush draw, rivered a blank. I cashed out with about 20% of the table cash. Very nice hit that night. I know most of you online players would disagree with my play.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 PM

fisher. you play horrible and your posts arent helpful. seriously, try to not just post a hand, disregard responses, and brag about results.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:03 AM

mench, sand in your vag?

fisher,

if both villains are very aggressive postflop, check/call the turn. if they picked up a draw they will certainly bet it, and giving a free card isn't that big a deal because it means you only have to call one bet to get to showdown.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:46 AM

you didn't bet enough on the turn to price out his draw