Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Default 2/4nl hu against good regular, deep and brutal

Villain is WSU Slacker on stars. We've been playing on many tables, and this one just got heads up. The tables have been fishy so we've stayed out of each others' way. Villain is 24/16, solid and capable of nice bluffs and disciplined folds.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $674.50
BB: $617.50

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($56, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $146</font>, BB timebanks and calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($348, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB quickly bets $200</font>,
Hero???

I couldn't really put him on a set here, he'd most likely raise again on flop or turn. Twopairs are quite likely since it's a limped pot (I was paying attention to other tables during preflop) and maybe he's just protecting his overpair or nfd. Thoughts?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: 2/4nl hu against good regular, deep and brutal

WSU Slacker is not bluffing this river. A set is definately in his range on turn/river, but he would probably raise a limped pot preflop with any pp HU.
89[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is definately possible, but I'd imagine a riverbluff would be a bigger.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: 2/4nl hu against good regular, deep and brutal

Call crying. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I mean who knows, maybe he slowplayed overpair and figured all two pair possibilities went by. Or he has a better straight, two pair or missed draw. I think unless he flopped the nuts, you'll still make money on the hand if you call the river after he sucks out on you...

Then again, I don't have intimate knowledge of the player you're up against, but seems like one of those calls you wanna do crying. Dunno what he puts you on though.

Raise pf! ;D