Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Over Over Call 20/40

Good 20/40 at CAZ

Sb is unkown except for trying to bluff the worst player on the table when it was obvious there was no chance folding him out.

Big blind is a pretty decent player. He says he gets rake back and plays like 3 million hands a year online.

On my left is a huge black guy that looks like a linebacker. He is so bad at poker that I can't find words to describe it. He is actually having a hard time counting his chips out he is so clueless. (its 4 and 8 chips, just like the last hand)

3 to my left is Tony a super laggy regular.

Hero opens in MP T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], linebacker calls, Tony calls, sb calls, bb 3-bets, hero caps, all call. 5 to the flop for 4 bets.

(20 sb's)
Flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sb checks, bb checks, hero bets, all call.

(12.5 bb's)

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb, bb check, hero bets, linbacker raises, Tony calls 2 cold, Sb calls 2 cold, bb folds, hero calls one more.

(20.5 bb's)

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks, hero checks, linebacker bets, Tony calls, Sb calls, hero starts to muck then starts to call, then starts to muck again, then calls.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Over Over Call 20/40

Well you have tony and sb beat because they didn't raise the turn or river and if you think the linebacker is clueless enough to play 87 or A8 like this then I'd call because of the size of the pot.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:54 PM

easy fold.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:15 PM

1) Tell Tony I say hi. Grad apps are keeping me away from CAZ these days. Nice guy.

2) You played this hand great. The river feels like one of Sklansky's "painted forehead" folds but is actually a call, because not enough of these guys are thinking about what other people's calls mean, and (more importantly) the front links in the chain are too weak to make many conclusions at the end. Preflop is great, flop and turn are right... nice hand.

Folding would be very bad. Tony has you beat <3% of the time here and the blind, even overcalling, probably doesn't have you more than 10 or 15% of the time. Obviously the linebacker is worrisome, but whatever, you have an overpair and he could be overplaying all sorts of things, and you beat a straight now. I'm not one to hide behind "all sorts of things" arguments but this is a time for one. Call.

--Nate
Old 01-07-2007, 09:29 PM

I call here 100% and have had to reread the hand several times to wonder you'd fold.

If capping this hand preflop is standard here, I can't dream of why you'd fold in a pot this big. This pot is way too big to fold.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:10 PM

I was thinking 5 or straight. 5 on the river means straight cards are more likely. You have the overcallers beat, and I think you beat the linebacker enough to call here. And, if he is so bad at poker, don't worry so much about giving him one more bet because you can win it back.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:25 PM

easy call.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 AM

instacall
Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 AM

I like a river call, too. Preflop, I'm not crazy about the cap. I'd just call the 3-bet and come alive on a favorable flop because of your position relative to BB.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:53 AM

Would you call linebacker if it was HU? Because that's essentially what this is given that Tony and SB almost never have you beat.