Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Default 5/10 HU tricky player pushing on flop what to do

Hi

Recently had this hand - just looking for some feedback on how I played the hand on the flop...

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 2 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Button ($858)
Hero ($1139)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, Button (poster) calls $20.

Flop: ($60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $360</font>, Button goes all in for $628.

The guy in question is familiar to be in 5/10 and plays alot of tables at once (we'd be playing HU for the last 15minutes, and the last 10 hands they'd been alot of raising; neither of us yet was to lose a reasonable sized pot) - I was thinking for a moment if it was possible he did call me with an a/6 - but would he of pushed on this flop with it?... Was the 3bet the right procedure in the case of this hand? Or would a smooth call/fold been made?

If anyone could post there thoughts on what they'd do in this situation and why it would be appreciated...

Thanks

Chris
Old 02-06-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: 5/10 HU tricky player pushing on flop what to do

I'd have check/called the flop, then see what he does on the turn. Yes, it's HU, but at this point, any piece of the board beats you...so why play into trouble when the turn might give you a few more outs, or, in two cases, give you a rock-solid hand?

I agree with sticking around with pocket-pair-in-between-the-board hands, but I would almost always apply the pressure on the turn(or fold the turn).
Old 02-06-2006, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 5/10 HU tricky player pushing on flop what to do

fold - don't 3bet