Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Default is this a good fold??? 2/5 live AC

aighhhhtttt-
2/5 at the Trop, standard donks at the table soooo tight. this hand came up and i was like WTF. Effective Stacks ~850
1 limper
I raise 26 on the Hijack with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button calls, EP limper calls
Pot~85

Flop Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP leads for $50
I fold
Button makes it $125
EP thinks for about 1.2 seconds and mucks 888 face up.

Now I was like ok, other doode tables QQQ and sucks his dick for like 5 mins about best fold ever, im like eh lets think about this.

I have been LAG and everyone views me as a pretty unpredictable player who plays pretty well and try not to play many big pots with me. I raise from the hijack like i do almost every round and i actually have a hand this time, Button chooses not to 3 bet which is surprising given my image, so that slims down the chances of QQ and JJ right? Hes a nit so 910 is less likely also, and i have to think that QJ occupys such a HUGE portion of this doodes range that i may just be willing to stack off here, in the same breath i see no reason for folding with only 75 invested on this flop, what do you guys think????
Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: is this a good fold??? 2/5 live AC

Pretty thin fold, you're right. At the Trop, a set of 8s is good here way more often than not.