Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Is this ever not 10 10?

Been several months since I've played, and I'm rusty.

Both opponents were pretty tight and aggressive. I was playing tight also, so considering they (probably) knew what they were doing, I'm thinking they know I've got a good hand.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero ... </font>
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Is this ever not 10 10?

It's not 10 10 enough of the time to call down (actually I think AA is more likely than TT), but I'm definitely not raising again.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 AM

meh, check raising a protected pot after all that action looks pretty strong. big pot though, so i probably call down.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:08 AM

Ya. It's JJ, QQ and KK sometimes. It could also be AA though. To help decide it would be helpful to know how good a player Villain is, how he percives you, and which way he leans on the conservative-aggro scale. Just because he's a TAG doesn't mean he plays exceptionally well, especially postflop. He's surely aware your preflop cap often means a premium pair so if he's conservative he might not do this with less than AA or TT (or maybe KK but the chances he has that are small since you have it also.)

Some players would do that with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 12 outs against you. Whether this guy would do so is unknown to us and to you have quite a few hands on him and have watched all his plays and never seen him do it.

The pot is so big that you aren't that far off from the right odds to spike a set. You're getting 14:1 immediate and you may be able to get three to six more BB on the river if you hit and you can get something off the button and at least 3 bets off SB if he's got TT. Between that and the chance Villain has something other than TT, I'd call and call most rivers UI.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:11 AM

what is this?
call down without extreme reads
i played wit u at thos wesites with great boni and good playaz
Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 PM

I guess since neither of these guys were fish, and considering SB not only raised, but attempted to trap both of us on the turn, I can't really see this being anything other than TT or AA. MAYBE a high club draw as was mentioned.

But anyway, I did indeed call down, and he did indeed have TT, as if it weren't obvious in my post.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:44 PM

i think they know you have a good hand also since you capped it out of the BB, haha