Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Default 50 NL used my enitre time bank on turn decision.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($42.55)
Hero ($46.50)
SB ($50.45)
BB ($78.45)
UTG ($37.95)
MP1 ($55)
MP2 ($63.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.50, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($7.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, UTG calls $3.50.

Turn: ($14.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

UTG bets $13, Hero... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

This donk lead made my head explode. Does he really have a nine? After limping and calling a raise UTG? And if he did would he lead with it here? A set? Why wouldn't he check/raise flop with a set on this coordinated board? Two pair on this board after open limping UTG and calling a raise, wouldn't he check/raise that as well? Or just a total bluff on the scary 4 str8 board? And if that's the case what does he check/call flop with? AT,KT,QT?

No reads obv.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: 50 NL used my enitre time bank on turn decision.

Fold.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:27 PM

But...But why?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:29 PM

what is the reason for such the small flop bet?

I'm a pretty unsuccessful $25 NL 6m player at the moment, so obviously don't take this to be sound advice..

but I don't see why this turn is so hard for you? you don't really beat anything but an overcard and a pair like AT or A8 of something, and I really don't think he has that even close to enough to do anything but fold here..

I think this looks very much like a set

[ QUOTE ]
A set? Why wouldn't he check/raise flop with a set on this coordinated board?

[/ QUOTE ]

this probably isn't a good thing, but I seem to have very close insights into the mind of a donk [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't see you drawing out against his set as an important consideration in this guy's mind...at least that is my opinion from playing $25 NL 6m..maybe the average player is considerably different at this game?

I want to add that, I think that the turn lead is indicative of the previous paragraph..until something like a 1 card straight is staring him in the face, he is most concerned about trapping you.

to me, it just seems like the way that in idiot would think..and I would know [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 PM

I'd bet larger on the flop.

Fold the turn.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:36 PM

why did u half pot the flop? Turn is an easy fold, pair+draws call that flop and your getting 2:1 on a call that your probably not good on &gt;70% of the time.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 PM

It seems strange that a set would check/call that flop. I bet less than 2/3 pot because I didn't want the pot to swell to that size if called because I can check turn UI and call a small river bet on a non A or K river. Plus on this flop 1/2 pot should be sufficient to fold overs. It looks like a badly played and scared top pair more than a set. Doesn't it?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 PM

99?

he calls the flop because he has an ok hand and an oesd

he doesn't c-r the turn because he's afraid you'll check behind

your flop bet is pretty weak and bad just make it a nice big cbet to charge str8 draws w/ what is usually the best hand
Old 01-06-2007, 08:41 PM

The basic question here is "what am I beating?". The answer is pretty much nothing.

If he limped with 66, 77, 88, 99, TT then you are beat. We need stats or a read to know if he would limp with those. I can't see a hand like AT suddenly thinking he is good here but I guess it's possible.

I guess there are some 2 pair combinations possible also.

This line is often a donk slowplay that either panics when a scary card hits the turn so they don't go for the CR or they are trying a move that is best performed in position.

Fold - this is almost never 1 pair and I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure we don't have pot odds to chase anything.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM

"I can't see a hand like AT suddenly thinking he is good here but I guess it's possible."

A hand like this is leading to see if it is good. He doesn't haven't to think it's good to bet top pair here. My time bank ran all the way down and auto-folded me. After seeing these replies I guess I should be thankful.