Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Deep 6 - JJ hand

As usual when there's a difficult decision, I have no reads. Villain has played 3 of first 6 pots.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $58.35
Hero (CO): $62.25
BTN: $39.80
SB: $28.8
BB: $31

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J J ($0.45, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.30, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $1.20

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 ($4.95, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.95</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $9.90</font>, Hero calls $4.95

Minraises suck...I wanted to bomb this as it may be a draw. Anyone 3-bet here?

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($24.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $17.40</font>, Hero ...

Wow, I've got a ton of outs (except against the made str8)...call, push, or fold?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Deep 6 - JJ hand

Whether I 3-bet the flop depends on villain, but you have no reads in this case, so I wouldn't necessarily 3-bet an unknown.
For him to have a straight on the turn he would have to be holding J7. J7 is an unlikely hand on the flop for two reasons, a) you hold two jacks and b) villain would be minraising a gutshot. Your implied odds could suck if a 7 hits the board for example, villain may shutdown as it would be 4 to a straight on the board. If a jack hits you may be beat to a flush draw with a queen in it... That's why I don't really like the call with the mindset of drawing to a better hand. Shoving seems tough without reads. Folding seems weak with your hand :S. I am finding it hard to put villain on a reasonable hand. I am thinking of suited connectors or small-medium pp, which leave us with two pair and flush/straight draws, though as said I think a straight is unlikely here. So it would have to be the flush draw. I am not sure too many people would minraise a flush draw oop though. I am tending to set/or t8.
I think I might call and reevaluate the river to gain more information. The bet is fairly large though to call. You may feel pot comitted on the river. My tendency is to fold.
I am interested in the thoughts of others.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM

You are getting 2.4 to 1 odds to call. Seeing this I'd fold in such a big pot. You do probably have some straight outs but you're only going to make a straight about 16% of the time on the river and if you hit a J you won't know whether your hand is good. Your hand may be good right now but there are so many draws and made hands out there that I think you can't call.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are getting 2.4 to 1 odds to call. Seeing this I'd fold in such a big pot. You do probably have some straight outs but you're only going to make a straight about 16% of the time on the river and if you hit a J you won't know whether your hand is good. Your hand may be good right now but there are so many draws and made hands out there that I think you can't call.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't you bluff villian out on a club river? I'd only make the turn call if I thought I could do this I think. Otherwise your not good often enough....
Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldn't you bluff villian out on a club river? I'd only make the turn call if I thought I could do this I think. Otherwise your not good often enough....

[/ QUOTE ]

villain is on a FD a decent amount of the time... far from always, but a decent amount
Old 01-06-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is on a FD a decent amount of the time... far from always, but a decent amount

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is the case I can't imagine him ever trying to bluff the river. I thought about it a bit more though, and I think this could also be QQ/KK/AA some of the time, which would obviously suck. Anyone who plays big pairs like that i likely to not fold any river ever. Which is why I'd fold the turn...