Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Default strong draw in a multiway pot

A few situations with strong draws. Very loose aggressive live table.

1. A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a flop of 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

2. 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a flop of 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

3. J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a flop of 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

4. T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q:clubs: on a flop of 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

5. 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a flop of 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

6. 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a flop of 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You are in the SB and bet out, and everyone calls. A person in mid position raises two cold calls. You are confident that you can get 4 to 5 to come with you if you cap it, or 6-7 people to call if you flat call. The raiser doesn't need anything better than top pair good kicker to cap, and everyone else calls with all sorts of random hands.

Would you cap any of the above hands, and if so, which or all? Or would you flat call all of the above hands? On the one hand I'm charging myself to draw, while on the other I'm building what is likely to be positive pot equity. Would capping it be a leak?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Default Re: strong draw in a multiway pot

I'd only cap hand 1. (suddenly adding more hands is mean hehe [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] That regarded the 1st 3. )

I can also tell the reason, with so many callers someone is bound to be drawing to your draw. Your might in fact be drawing dead if someone else has the better flushdraw. Therefore, if you cap it, you would like to draw to the nuts. A nut oesd on a rainbow board is also very strong.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:54 AM

I'd just call with hands 4 and 6. Everything else I'm 3betting & calling the cap, assuming of course that I believe at least 4 people will see the turn that way.

The reason I'm so hesitant with those two hands is that we have two and zero outs to the nuts, respectively, and that it is relatively more likely that someone in the field has a stronger draw/huge made hand already. Hand 5 has zero outs to the nuts as well, but in that hand we have a pair, our two pair/trips outs are more likely to be good, and I am quite likely to have enough equity to 3bet.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:13 AM

I usually cap in this situation with with any two card flush draw and good OESDs....