Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Need linux coder

Would anybody that is experienced with Linux programming and willing to give me some time shoot me a PM? I'm would like to port gametime+ or something similar to linux and/or wine, and I wouldn't mind making my window manager cross platform, I just have very little experience with X windows programming and could use some help even it if it just pointing me to the correct documentation.

Basically what I've noticed it stars runs very well with wine, and I can run pokertracker in a VM just fine grabbing the hands over a samba share, but I don't have a HUD. I understand the SQL portion of creating the HUD but have never worked with any linux side so I would love a nudge in the right direction with APIs, etc.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Need linux coder

[ QUOTE ]
Would anybody that is experienced with Linux programming and willing to give me some time shoot me a PM? I'm would like to port gametime+ or something similar to linux and/or wine, and I wouldn't mind making my window manager cross platform, I just have very little experience with X windows programming and could use some help even it if it just pointing me to the correct documentation.

Basically what I've noticed it stars runs very well with wine, and I can run pokertracker in a VM just fine grabbing the hands over a samba share, but I don't have a HUD. I understand the SQL portion of creating the HUD but have never worked with any linux side so I would love a nudge in the right direction with APIs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't seem to find the code atm, but I have something that would prolly be helpful. I wrote a very basic "Canvas" class along time ago to save myself from having to constantly look stuff up in the X-documentation.

Even if it isn't everything you need it is probably enough to give you a huge head-start and you should be able to reuse alot of the code snippets.

I'll have a look in my backups after I've had some dinner and post it here if I find it.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 AM

Default X-Windows Canvas Class

canvas.h
canvas.cc
misc.h

(just right click and use "save-as" - these use the Unix style EOL chars and won't display properly in IE...)

Hopefully this should be enough for you to get started with X-windows (I haven't included the code for my image classes, but you can comment those members out - if you find them essential to understand the code then I'll try to work out how to post them all...).

If you have any problems just post and I'll try my best to help (I don't use Linux much these days, so might be a bit rusty though).

Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: X-Windows Canvas Class

Thanks Juk, that looks like it will get me started.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: X-Windows Canvas Class

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Juk, that looks like it will get me started.

[/ QUOTE ]
Np and hope it helps.

One other thing you'll need is a copy of the XLib documentation. I originally had a postscript version that I printed out in entirety, but the HTML version should be just as good I think.