Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Did I pussy out with QQ in a reraised pot?

Yeah, I did. [censored].

Villian is LAGish preflop, but slows down on later streets. I haven't played with him much.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed)

MP ($66)
CO ($64.80)
Button ($150)
Hero ($51.30)
BB ($66.05)
UTG ($51.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $7.25, MP folds.

Flop: ($21) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($21) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: ($21) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $9.5</font>, Hero ... ?

Given the action above, do you make that call on the river? (I think the answer is pretty obvious; I really don't know why I'm asking that.)

I don't feel checking behind is *that* bad of a play; what is your line on the flop? How about after a called cbet on the turn?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Did I pussy out with QQ in a reraised pot?

i bet the flop, maybe 15 or so? and don't put any more money in after that most likely. as you played it i fold the river.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Did I pussy out with QQ in a reraised pot?

Villain has a very wide raising range as you describe him him as LAGish but calling your re-raise narrows his range a lot. Im thinking TT+, AQ and AK. He may be looser but I don't think you can assume that with no more substantial reads or stats.

The chance of villain flopping a flush is too little for us to care about that (&lt;1%). So right now were beat by AK, AA and KK in his range and were ahead of TT,JJ and AQ. Were ahead of a club draw as well.

You dont want TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],JJ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q to draw for free here and I would like to keep the pressure on because of our re-raise preflop. So bet out on the flop. If he raises you on the flop your beat and if he calls your beat on the turn which comletes the flush.

Betting the flop should give you a free showdown as well if he stuck arround with a PP containing no [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]