Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Bigger idiot - me or villain?

Read on villain over just a few hands (less than 20) is he calls PF raises and plays with iffy hands to be playing OOP (KQo stuff like that.)

With my play I'm trying to rep an overpair to the board wanting to get rid of the flush draw.

Results below and needless to say, villain was pissed but didn't my play indicate I might not be going anywhere? He could have got away from this with a fold on the turn - instead he not only calls off $54, he raises when 2/3 of my money is out there already. I guess maybe he was trying to rep a set or that the 5 made him a straight but I just wasn't buying either of those and felt like maybe he had absolutely nothing but a flush draw, which I had beat.

He has a set, he's getting my money unless I hit my gutshot and had he had a set and I hit a gutshot, I understand him being annoyed. The way it went, I can't exactly understand how he can be too mad - he had crap, which is what I sort of figured he had.

So - me or villain bigger idiot? Be mean to me, I need it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $192
UTG: $209.75
MP: $80.10
Hero (BTN): $170.45
SB: $251

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3, 5 players)
UTG calls $2, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $6, BB folds, UTG calls $5

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($23, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $8</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $23</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $15

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($69, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $66</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $126</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $140.45</font>, UTG calls $14.45

<font color="black">River:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($349.9, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Sevens and Fives)
Hero had 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fives) and won $346.90
Final Pot: $346.90 ($3.00 rake)
Old 01-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Bigger idiot - me or villain?

Seems like villain had a read on you from the way he played it...I dunno. If he did, then you are the bigger idiot. If he thought he could push you out, though, then he is.

Based on the hand, though, I'm leaning toward your idiocy for the all-in after his reraise.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Move down, bluff less. Avoid playing in a way that leaves you asking whether you or the other guy is the bigger idiot. I think this hand is a pretty bad spew but if you play for kicks I guess it's okay.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:58 PM

It's a tie.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2007, 07:03 PM

WTF is happening on turn [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Villain dont look good here but u look worse
Old 01-05-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a tie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 PM

smooth call on the flop and try to trap him with your monster.

As played you have to value push the turn to protect against a FD.

nh sir.

btw.: whats Villains SN?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move down, bluff less. Avoid playing in a way that leaves you asking whether you or the other guy is the bigger idiot. I think this hand is a pretty bad spew but if you play for kicks I guess it's okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. I'm not just playing for kicks, I am trying to improve - wouldn't be posting hands up here otherwise. I will watch my bluffing tendencies.

FWIW, I don't just randomly play 4-5 off suit like this (I do in fact usually fold it, I know 4-5o is pretty much crap lol) but I felt like I knew where I was in the hand and I wasn't far off - it just happened the crap he was bluffing with did actually have my crap beat lol.

I do appreciate the feedback and please don't think I'm not listening when I say I won't move below 1/2. That is a decision I made based on my own circumstances. If I can't manage to improve to where I need to be playing online at 1/2, then I won't play online. I have set aside a bankroll for my online play so worst case, I burn through that and stop playing online. Best case, I do improve and build it up a bit.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
smooth call on the flop and try to trap him with your monster.

As played you have to value push the turn to protect against a FD.

nh sir.

btw.: whats Villains SN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not certain you're not making fun of me lol. If so, no problem I need it I'm sure.

What do you mean by "SN"? Seat number? Why do you ask??