Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Quick lesson on how to set fire to 3 crisp $20 bills.

The following is a true story that occured early december 2006.

Take your honda to a generic oil change place (I used to use Express Oil) and have them change your transsmission fluid (because you do not have a set of jack stands...yet). They will gladly drain your ATF and pee in your tranmission fluid resevoir and have you manuever in and out of gears and what not, to get the piss moving and then leave you with a $60 bill.

Your tranny is now shifting like a dream.

2 weeks later, you will notice rough shifting is back (shifts are rough in the Honda trannies in general but I'm talking harder than usual). It is at this time that you get on your honda internet forums and search the threads and after seeing GENUINE HONDA ATF repeated OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...you realize the mistake you made. You let some express oil bozo piss in your transmission resevoir when you should have grabbed 4 quarts of Genuine Honda ATF and replaced it yourself.

So now, you can either sit there and let your card run a muck, OR you can pony up the $50 for 8 quarts of Genuine Honda ATF. Yes, you heard it, 8, not 4, quarts of fluid. So why 8 you ask? 8 quarts are needed because you are going to have to drain Leeroy's piss out of your TF resevoir and fill with the sweet nectar that is Genuine Honda ATF drive around a bit and then do another drain and fill to make sure you get the majority of Leeroy's piss out of the transmission system.

So now with jack stands and 8 quarts of Genuine Honda ATF, I will be heading out to my car to redo a job that was already (over)paid for.

Beat: you don't even get to see the 3 $20 bills light up.

and you gotta love when the mechanic says "Well we also noticed you have some oil leaks while we were up under your car so if you drive to a carwash that sprays the under carriage, we'll spot those oil leaks for you."

Oh you mean the ones from the oil pan that needs a new gasket or the valve conver which needs a new gasket...f-off I hate you...cream get tha money $ $ bills

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA <second> chirp WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Quick lesson on how to set fire to 3 crisp $20 bills.

lol, make sure you drain the torque convertor if you want to get all of the old fluid out.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:41 PM

need to run honda atf.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
need to run honda atf.

[/ QUOTE ]

is that the same thing as Genuine Honda ATF?