Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 AM

Default QQ hand

Live 15
Villian is a thinking tag who can can get pretty out of line on occasion.
I raise Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] utg, Co 3bets, I 4bet co calls.

Flop(9sb): 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet, Co raises, I 3bet, co calls

Turn(7bb): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet, co raises, I call.

River(11bb): 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check and call.

--Any comments on this hand appreciated

--How would you play a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river?
Old 01-05-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: QQ hand

looks like you played it pretty well. I wonder, though, what the correct line is on a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turn. I'm not sure you can do much different on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river. You ain't getting called by AK if you chk/rz. Betting out is ok and you might get a frustration call from AK. So I guess that's my answer. Bet/call on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river. If you watned to bet/fold a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river, I couldn't argue too much, but I just can't fold the 2nd nuts like that.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:21 PM

5 bet cap? If villain chose not to take last raise PF does that make AA/KK/AK less likely? If so, then I like your line. If you think he would likely forego last PF raise in order to disguise his strength (I would) then I think you have to go into c/c mode on the turn. I am absolutely betting and calling a heart river. No brainer there.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM

Yes,5bet cap. I'd never played with her before so my observations were just based on the few hours she had been at the table. She would definitly be capable of not capping AA/KK/AK but I have no idea what's is standard for her.

At the time I wasn't sure if I wanted to bet or c/r a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] river but looking back on it I'm pretty sure bet/caling is best.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:36 PM

Yeah, if she plays tight - and knows (or suspects) you are tough opponent - then there are not too many hands she would re-raise a UTG raise that don't have an A or K in them. I think c/c on turn and river is best. Bet/call river if she checks behind on turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:05 PM

It seems close to me between bet/calling or checking the turn,but I believe that checking is best.Before the turn,your hand was good unless she was soft-playing AA or KK,but after the K comes on the turn,AK(especially with the Kh) looms large,Also,the turn check may help you get action if she has a pocket pair smaller than QQ.